Are our lives pre-planned?

Have you ever thought to yourself; "Oh why oh why did that happen to me?" or "What the hell did I do that for?" and then a few days/weeks/months later you find yourself looking back saying "Wow, it's a good thing I did that"?

Is that all just pent up coincidence, the human mind looking for answers and excuses as to why things happen and how they occur, or are our lives pre-planned out into our genetic markup somehow. Anyone ever wonder if they're a puppet in someone elses game? Have you ever felt like you were the character out of a movie such as "The Truman Show" living your life for others entertainment?

If so, how is this programming done or implemented? Who would do this or is it built into our lives when we are born.

Just wondering your thoughts here on this. Not really from personal experience, just something I started to think of. I don't want this to turn into a battle between religion either. Just what do you think. Do things happen for a reason? And if so...what is that reason?

Thoughts....

Like you said, it could be just in human nature to discover patterns, answers and such. We have the urge to organize everything and it seems that we need to find some explanation in everything that happens. To me life isn't pre-planned, sometimes we just cannot affect the outcome of a situation but sometimes it seems that we're given a choice. A choice to do this or that and when making the choice we can imagine what would be the results of either one of those actions. So I think some part of "it's your destiny" is true but you can always change your future too.

Edit: Spelling mistakes and typos.

Life is what you make it..I really believe that phrase now, after having gone through some personal stuff in these past few years.

Once upon a time..i would just feel the way that you do now...like this is it, its all mapped out for you right? Like you imply, a puppet, a higher power above or whatever determining your fate..but all those feelings are because of your reluctance to do the things that you want to do, maybe due to laziness, lack of opportunities, lack of spirit or just lack of the will to make a change i guess...people can come up with their own reasons..i don't need to go on.

What i have learnt from my experience is just to do whatever suits you to do..make that trip, do that course, talk to that person..throw caution to the wind..go out and live it..make your life, don't let life burden you down..don't live your life by other peoples standards simply because its the 'norm' ..make your own standards..

Some people might say i am flippant and irresponsible with this outlook...but it is me who will have the regrets, not them..

Hmmm to answer your question..things happen so that you can learn from it..good or bad, like it or lump it... theres always a lesson in there somewhere.. :D

Edited by lara_rose

There is usually an overall Life plan worked out before your birth. But there are always allowances for changes and unexpected opportunities.

We are here to learn how our thoughts and feelings create what we then experience. If you don't believe in your inherent Power, or refuse to accept responsibility, then you will encounter many 'bad' experinces. You must learn to take control.

And many 'negative' events are chosen for a reason. An untimely death, for example, may inspire some greater good events and motivate people to change for the better.

All diseases have a symbolic meaning, represent some inner problem, that has been unfaced and needs to be worked out.

Handicaps are challenges the soul has chosen, which in some way can 'speed up' spiritual developements.

No, in spite of the surface appearances, all events are created, either by choice or by abdication.

Learn to use the magic power within you. :happy:

Life is all about making decisions, there are ups and downs!!! I don't think anything is pre-planned at all.....thats why life is exciting and you should grasp opportunities when they come your way. I've seen people making the wrong decisions especially in relationships. The important thing in life is happiness and not to get too caught up in thinking life is all about making money and fancy big houses. Finding love is what you should strive for and good career is important too but not as important as the former.

damn.. why I have to do 5 page double spaced reserach paper for tommorow.. or I will get a D in my class.. why why why... :( :( :(

hm.. its becz I didnt do anything though I dat 2 weeks to do that..

I believe everything is in motion for a reason. The outline is there for the path, it's merely wich route we take to get there.

Born - Life - Death. It's inevitable from point a - b. It's the journey in the middle that isn't. I think though that a lot of people know when they're young what and who they'll become< However it think both our actions conciously and subconciously work towards this certain things play against it. Lifes like playing cards. Knowing when to hold them and fold them.

So in short Yes and no :blink:

I may be a bit far off lol..

the way i think of it is...

you are born, or created, or whatever (since we don't actually know how our self 'I' is created) and you are at point A. But how can you have a point B? Will point B, be the point when you strike rich? when you die? when you have your first kid? when you win the lottery? Which one of those points is your destiny? So perhaps we don't actually know what and where point B is however when we are born, we are born unique, with our own self 'I'. Some call it our soul. And I believe that in fact it is our soul ('I') that leads us to the "end". Because it is the driving force behind ourselves. It is what helps us make choices. Each choice we make, has a ripple effect, affecting how we will chose in future choice situations. That is why so many people say "listen to your heart" because in reality only your heart/soul, knows what is best for you.

cheers

Life is what you make it..I really believe that phrase now, after having gone through some personal stuff in these past few years.

Once upon a time..i would just feel the way that you do now...like this is it, its all mapped out for you right? Like you imply, a puppet, a higher power above or whatever determining your fate..but all those feelings are because of your reluctance to do the things that you want to do, maybe due to laziness, lack of opportunities, lack of spirit or just lack of the will to make a change i guess...people can come up with their own reasons..i don't need to go on.

What i have learnt from my experience is just to do whatever suits you to do..make that trip, do that course, talk to that person..throw caution to the wind..go out and live it..make your life, don't let life burden you down..don't live your life by other peoples standards simply because its the 'norm' ..make your own standards..

Some people might say i am flippant and irresponsible with this outlook...but it is me who will have the regrets, not them..

Hmmm to answer your question..things happen so that you can learn from it..good or bad, like it or lump it... theres always a lesson in there somewhere.. :D

584953313[/snapback]

Dude, im liking what you are writing here.

• 2 weeks later...

In some ways I wish my life was planed out, would make things simple. But I highly doubt it is...... Unless the person planing liked causing massive pain and suffring in this world (some may say the devils work?). Earth is dieing and were all dieing in a sense so make the most of things I guess while you still can.

In some ways I wish my life was planed out, would make things simple.  But I highly doubt it is...... Unless the person planing liked causing massive pain and suffring in this world (some may say the devils work?).  Earth is dieing and were all dieing in a sense so make the most of things I guess while you still can.

585106070[/snapback]

You must be a ball at parties.

I don't think our lives are pre-planned at all. I believe in free will and believe there is no way of accounting for it.

Every possible outcome that has been played out since the big bang (not just from the start of your life, because theres a reality where your parents were not even born) has happened - and will continue to happen long into the future. These realities split and expand exponentially like a tree depending on how many crucial decisions you make in your life.

So is our life pre-planned? Yes, because if every outcome is possible from every decisions you make, then anything CAN happen, and WILL happen.

Your life is allready written in stone in thousands (near infinity actually) of different versions. Think of life as a movie. You walk into a video store and there are thousands of videos of your life that are available for you to watch, there is a video in where you become rich and famous, and one where you die a horrible death, we do not have the mental capacity to watch all these videos at the same time, we can only choose which ones we want to watch.

I don't like ti think my life is pre-planned or that I have a "faith" or destiny at all. I like the idea that I'm in control of my life, and no one else. I will be what I want to be, nobody else has to make decisions for me, and no one else will.

I believe in fate. And it blew growing up because my parents wanted me to think of the worst reprocussion for my actions... And I was like, Whatever happens, happens. :laugh: They hated that phrase.

Still think that way too. When I get in an accident, I figure it was supposed to happen. When a family member dies, I figure it was better that way.

Don't sweat life. Live, regardless of what'll happen, and make the best of the time you have here.

It is. God's controlling our life and there're few things that God can use to make it. aka. You do something that you don't know why and never think about it before. And this will make your sure that future is only one but we don't have enough power to know due to unfinished formula (Yes we aren't the oracle from The Matrix)

One persons actions will come around to someone else at some point or another. This will be through other peoples reactions to your initial action. How a person reacts to that action is completely up to them (free will), however we all change the course of peoples lives at some point for better or for worse.