[UK] List of decents Broadband providers !

Well, basically,

I'm moving in with my missus in the next couple of weeks, and I need broadband...

But which providers do broadband WITHOUT caps, and won't bring caps into affect anytime soon !!!

I'm after a 512K connection, but would prefer a 1Mb line !

Thanks,

Ferret !

Would say plusnet but now they are 'capping' the heaviest users, so I don't know. AOL is actually very good now you can connect straight in with a router. Cheap too, and no caps. Give them a go maybe?

www.cpbb.co.uk - top ppl, great customer service and cheap, but isnt what customer sevcie what its all about ?

584958526[/snapback]

That website is diabolical. It looks like they just got it straight off templatemonster. Avoid.

Suprised no one's mentioned Telewest Blueyonder. Excellant service, with NO caps (except 750k service).

They will be upping thier speeds again soon, for FREE, unlike NTL!

705k ---> 1mb ?25?

1.5mb ---> 2mb ?35

3mb---> 4mb ?50

Fairly good binary news server too, although tis doies sometimes have a few problems, it usually only last days rather than weeks.

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/get...age=serv_signup

NTL been pretty solid. When i first signed up they installed it the SAME day. Then when the cable modem broke after about 9 months they also came the SAME day and fixed it. The guy who came round also just gave me a usb to ethernet thing cos i wanted to set up a router, but didnt have a network card in my computer.

I have 600k which was now recetnly upgraded to 700++ for free. And their 1000mb is now 1500mb, pretty decent price too.

I was with PIPEX, there support is ****

584960917[/snapback]

I cant say anything about their support.. I have been with them for a year and a half and never had any problem to call them over. ;) :happy:

I've got Blueyonder at home - they'd be my first choice if they are in your area. Absolutely exceptional service - update our 500k service twice for free in the last year - it's now hitting 1mbit. As someone else said, the news groups are a nice bonus, although only a couple of days retention.

At university, we're on AOL. Don't laugh, there is no need to use their client, you get a free USB modem (although we've got an ADSL wireless router so it's unused) and only ?30/month for 1mbit - no setup charges.

I have been looking for the same thing recently.

I have also been recommeended PlusNet, I did contact them, and they said I didnt need to replace my modem either! My computer has been on for 5 hours and its downloaded 600 MB, so I hope that thing about the Capping is not true :/

I need to get off of Wanadoo - lol - Don't Laugh!

PlusNet are actually doing a nice deal, paying about ?5 more for double the connection! Remember if you go with them, to select the "Premium" service, otherwise they'll cap it.

Also, check if the ISP does your area. Blueyonder and NTL are not in my little village:((

Pete

ntl are the best :)

584960955[/snapback]

remember when i had NTL 512kb when it was very new, nothing but trouble, went down at least 3 times a week for many hours, and your on hold on the phone for like 5hours. :cry: