Deleting news comment

you can only delete news comments if you have permission by neobond or redmak etc who set you so that you have permission, you can however edit your comment, just not delete it

sorry about that

tingle

I dont know of any news site where you can delete comments made on news, imagine the chaos it would create if someone was replying to a comment that was later deleted. The best we can do is give everyone "Edit" rights, so that any user can fix mistakes etc etc. Delete is reserved for admin so they can delete comments that violate the terms of use here on Neowin. We hardly use it because we mostly edit comments and say why it is in-appropriate.

Hope this answers your question Configure :D

I agree with Neobond on this one, the right to delete (or even edit) comments is rarely given. We are lucky that we have the option to delete our posts in the forum, many other boards don't allow it.

One of the reasons I like the Neowin forum is because it is 'customizable' :)

• You can choose your own theme
  • edit/delete your posts
  • choose your own title
  • everyone can have an avatar
  • you can have an image in your sig :ermm:

But what is the difference between forums and comments? In the forums just like comments if someone deletes their post it will cause confusion in the rest of the thread. I think for consistancy you should be able to delete posts in both comments and forums or neither. Personally I would go with neither, editing is good enough.

As I said Pab, we are lucky to have the choice whether to delete our posts in the forum. I have only used it once and I don't think it is greatly needed.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't like the image sigs much either, they take time to load and with 150KB banners :roll: it is a bit much. :D

Originally posted by PabUK

But what is the difference between forums and comments? In the forums just like comments if someone deletes their post it will cause confusion in the rest of the thread. I think for consistancy you should be able to delete posts in both comments and forums or neither. Personally I would go with neither, editing is good enough.

You can only delete your forum post if no-one has replied to it ;)

Originally posted by Neobond

Is that so? :devious:

And aco, more advice on sigs - use Webwasher and you can rid of the 150KB banner and any sigs that annoy you (you can block individual images).

Originally posted by Neobond

so if a week later and no one has replied to it you can casually delete it and pretend you still start the popular 50+ reply threads ;)