Another 3.93GHz P4 vs. 2.65GHz FX-53

Where are the real benchmarks? These are just synthetic benchmarks. How about some real ones HL2, ut 2004, doom 3 etc.. and some video encoding and stuff.

584999223[/snapback]

oh go an do that with yourself. ;)

:pinch: It keeps saying it has lost focus and cannot continue!!! :pinch: It get about half way done and then :( Since it never finished I don't know what the final score is but half way through I had 7197 for CPU and 7415 for memory

post-68522-1101611491_thumb.jpg

:pinch: It keeps saying it has lost focus and cannot continue!!! :pinch: It get about half way done and then  :(  Since it never finished I don't know what the final score is but half way through I had 7197 for CPU and 7415 for memory

585000069[/snapback]

Close all unnecessary programs and don't do anything while its running.

personally all this talk how intel is beatin on amd is bull any way... Amd will always be a gaming processor ALWAYs and INTEL is great for workstation and video encoding... end of story

Note: Im not here to start arguments seriously guys, but i find oc stupid in ways... yes yes my video and processor is oc'd... but just doing it for bragging rights? seriously dudes come on... end of the day ur still gonna be weres i said above ^ . fx-55 kicks p4 3.8 in gaming thus the p4 3.8 kills fx-55 in encode times... this post is like saying my sucker is better than yours even tho there just two different flavors but same design and size.

Edited by SkaterAustin

Close all unnecessary programs and don't do anything while its running.

585000078[/snapback]

I tried that and it still can't finish :angry:

But my laptop rocks :p :laugh:

post-68522-1101613651.jpg

I thought there was a policy here against flamebait threads?

585000154[/snapback]

How is this a flamebait thread? I didn't flame anyone nor see anyone flame me. Don't try to provoke a fight ;)

Don't quote me on this but I beleive it test whatever drive it is installed on untill you "purchase it" then it might give you more advanced options to test your other HDD's (BTW don't feel bad I have Dual 80GB Seagates on Raid 0 with 64k striping). (Y)

Don't quote me on this but I beleive it test whatever drive it is installed on untill you "purchase it" then it might give you more advanced options to test your other HDD's (BTW don't feel bad I have Dual 80GB Seagates on Raid 0 with 64k striping). (Y)

585000845[/snapback]

wow ok this is going to be very off topic but please give me a hand in the striping sizes im about to setup my RAID 0 with 2x WD 120GB SATA HDD's and in the config for my RAID controller when I make a new RAID set it asks auto (this will set the striping size to 16kb) or I can do manual and set the striping size to all different ones. What should I do? How big should the striping size be or should I just do auto?

Thanks mate :)

wow ok this is going to be very off topic but please give me a hand in the striping sizes im about to setup my RAID 0 with 2x WD 120GB SATA HDD's and in the config for my RAID controller when I make a new RAID set it asks auto (this will set the striping size to 16kb) or I can do manual and set the striping size to all different ones. What should I do? How big should the striping size be or should I just do auto?

Thanks mate :)

585000880[/snapback]

what are you system specs anyway?

Here is me btw :)

CPU score-8496

RAM score-7670

HDD score-606 :cry: :cry: Why? It is 2x WD 120GB SATA HDDs running on RAID 0 16kb chunks/stripes is this why?...

post-71157-1101659002_thumb.jpg

I cracked pcmark2002 :p and found out that it benches the C: drive by default which sucks b/c it isn't always your main drive, so I tested on my actual os drive (D:) which is my raptor and got a score of around 1500

I cracked pcmark2002 :p and found out that it benches the C: drive by default which sucks b/c it isn't always your main drive, so I tested on my actual os drive (D:) which is my raptor and got a score of around 1500

585002914[/snapback]

What does it bench when there is a RAID? Cause I get a horrible score see post above you...

Ok wow so I deleted my RAID set, remade it and this time put 64kb chunk sizes instead of 16kb and my score went from 600 or something to like 1600 :o

Im going to do it again this time make it 128kb chunks :D

Ok wow so I deleted my RAID set, remade it and this time put 64kb chunk sizes instead of 16kb and my score went from 600 or something to like 1600 :o

Im going to do it again this time make it 128kb chunks :D

585008992[/snapback]

Dont, I repeat DO NOT set ot 128k stripe size,. unless you are HEAVY on content creation anything OVER 64k is over kill. 32 is okay if u do NOTHING but gaming,. 64 is great for content creation,. gaming,. general windows use (99.9% of raid users are in this catagory) 128k+ stripes are really for video editors or hardcore PS, Maya, Lighwave, etc.. users.

Trust me I have researched and tested with everything from 16k - 1MB stripe sizes and have achieved the best all round scores (load times, rendering,. etc.. ) with the 64k stripes (Y)

Dont, I repeat DO NOT set ot 128k stripe size,. unless you are HEAVY on content creation anything OVER 64k is over kill. 32 is okay if u do NOTHING but gaming,. 64 is great for content creation,. gaming,. general windows use (99.9% of raid users are in this catagory) 128k+ stripes are really for video editors or hardcore PS, Maya, Lighwave, etc.. users.

Trust me I have researched and tested with everything from 16k - 1MB stripe sizes and have achieved the best all round scores (load times, rendering,. etc.. ) with the 64k stripes (Y)

585009273[/snapback]

alright thanks dude. I'll just stick with 64kb chunks then :)

alright thanks dude. I'll just stick with 64kb chunks then :)

585009291[/snapback]

::off topic:: BTW hows the Ultra X - Connect doing? I have really been looking into those lately. ;)