Antec NeoPower Review

Antec is known for producing top class cases and power supplies, I needed to buy a new power supply so I could pass on my 400W to my younger brother and look forward to maybe an nVIDIA 6800GT ;), so I dipped and got an Antec NeoPower 480W.

Wish that they had the power supply in maybe 500W or more who knows maybe in the future, the NeoPower is works with the current motherboards as well as the PCIe as the power by standard comes with a 24pin connecter and in the package is a 24pin to 20pin connector for the current motherboards, Antec NeoPower is the way to go for quite and less cable clutter, I perosnlly think its wel priced.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

584991428[/snapback]

Your +5V is at 4.19V ??? Either that must be a typo or that is really bad.

• 2 weeks later...
just a question, is it me, or is it my DVD Writer size, but for the case, you cant actually install a drive in the first slot at the top haha, because when you close the door, you're stuffed haha.

585074840[/snapback]

I've never installed it in the first slot as thats where I normally used to store the extra cables.

Your +5V is at 4.19V ??? Either that must be a typo or that is really bad.

585120193[/snapback]

As far as I know they vary from system to system

I hate to ask this but did you ever consider that the voltages are inaccurate reported by a BIOS? I'd love to see some voltage results from a multimeter.

585079397[/snapback]

No

just a question, is it me, or is it my DVD Writer size, but for the case, you cant actually install a drive in the first slot at the top haha, because when you close the door, you're stuffed haha.

585074840[/snapback]

you must not be attaching the drive rails properly. the drive face should be flush with the front panel.unless power supply cables are preventing you to put the drive all the way into the case.