Eli Manning, the son of God.

Eli Manning was put in his place. We were laughing the whole time watch the game. The best part was when Trotter nailed him out of bounds and the Giants team had to stick up for Eli because he was not going to do it for himself. And my boy Darth Dawkins intercepted him. That was the icing on the cake for me. NFC East champs, w00t w00t!

I knew it was going to be a bad game for Eli when they showed pregame warmups. McNabb and Owens were on the field in the pouring rain practicing with one another and there was Eli in the stadium tunnel, out of the rain, throwing passes back and forth to Kurt Warner. It is like what the hell, you are going to be playing outside so go out and practice outside with your wide recievers and not the other QB. It is just rain you baby.

Edited by jmole

lets remember he is a rookie with a terrible o-line and no wide recievers, and he was playing the best team in the nfc

585004937[/snapback]

Not a bad excuse for his failure so far :pinch:

I could be imagining this, but on the Philadelphia local news tonight I could have sworn I heard them say Eli Manning had a 16% QB rating. Can anyone verify this? If that is true, that is hilarious.

I could be imagining this, but on the Philadelphia local news tonight I could have sworn I heard them say Eli Manning had a 16% QB rating.  Can anyone verify this?  If that is true, that is hilarious.

585006519[/snapback]

True :laugh:

True :laugh:

585006616[/snapback]

I just heard it on the Sports Machine show, he had a 16.9% QB rating. How ironic is it that San Diego thought they got the shaft because Eli did not want to play for them. :)

oh god he is not overrated. problem is his O-line sucks balls. anyone that thought he was goign to tear it up is either a giants fan or stupid. *wonders how many thought payton was overrated in his first season* :whistle: everything in due time

Its pretty funny how you guys are killing him already. If anyone else was in that situation youd let him slide. 1st year in the pros, his recievers drop the ball a lot and the o-line sucks. The 2 teams hes played have very good defenses, Atlanta was 2nd in the NFL in sacks, so even veterans havent had success against them and the Eagles defense is very good all around. Im not even a Giants fan but Im a Patriots fan and I live in NY. Its talked a ton more on the sports radio stations here by guys who know a lot more of what theyre talking about than any of us.

Its pretty funny how you guys are killing him already. If anyone else was in that situation youd let him slide.

585006690[/snapback]

"I'm a lot happier now than I was 10 minutes ago," Manning said during a second news conference; his first came when he still belonged to the Chargers .  "We wanted a trade to happen. We never had favorite teams (BULLSH1T  :angry:)."  Through Archie and agent Tom Condon, the Mannings told San Diego general manager A.J. Smith not to take Eli, and that Eli was prepared to sit out the season if they did choose him (LITTLE CRYBABY WOULD SIT OUT IF HE DID NOT GET HIS WAY.  POOR BABY.  :cry:). The Mannings preferred New York, and got what they sought.

This is why I hate him with a passion. For what he did at the draft to the Chargers, he deserves what he gets. He came off with an attitude that he was better then everyone else in the draft, so why should he play for a crappy team like the Chargers. Since he was the son of Archie and the brother of Payton he had the mentality that he should be playing for a more prestigious team, not a team that was the lowest of the low. Then he and his family complained, pulled their weight and had him sent to the Giants. I thought that was a cowardly thing to do and that he was a little brat who cried and got his way.

QBs like McNabb, Culpepper, and Vick for instance, turned **** poor jokes of teams around into forces to be reckoned with. They did not cry or have their families get them traded to other teams. They stepped up to the challenge and produced.

too bad the Eagles aren't the best team in PA.  And now with TO, what are you guys going to use as an excuse when you blow the NFC championship game as usual?

585006704[/snapback]

Bad ref calls? I do not know why would have to give an excuse if we lost. Am I supposed to feel bad that some people thing Pittsburgh is the better team in PA? Good for them. We won't be seeing them in the NFC championship game and I would be happy enough if the Eagles made it to the superbowl, let alone win it. Edited by jmole

QBs like McNabb, Culpepper, and Vick for instance, turned **** poor jokes of teams around into forces to be reckoned with.  They did not cry or have their families get them traded to other teams.  They stepped up to the challenge and produced.

585006734[/snapback]

Rookie Years

Culpepper had a tremendous Rookie season followed by 2 average ones by his standards. Why would he be whining about what team he goes to in the Draft? He went to University of Central Florida, a ton of big names come outta there.

Vick had a 62.7 passer rating in 8 games. TD: 2 INT: 3

McNabb had a 60.1 passer rating in 6 games. TD: 8 INT: 7. Also avg. yardage 4.4 per pass, very little

They all had descent lines too, and thankfully didnt have Toomer and Shockey on their teams to drop balls when theyre thrown.

I bet that Eli's career will be like Kerry Collin's

I remember that Collins was considered the next Montana in his rookie year :D

They all had descent lines too, and thankfully didnt have Toomer and Shockey on their teams to drop balls when theyre thrown.

585006794[/snapback]

They didn't seem to be dropping passes on Sunday. They looked like bad throws to me, which is why Eli was 6 for 21.

I honestly think Eli Manning is going to be the next Tim Couch. I remember in 1999 when they hyped up Couch saying he was going to be the future of the NFL and was one of the best QB draft picks ever. He had all these college stats and records that backed up that claim, but he never produced in the end. The Browns had only reached the playoffs once and that was when Holcomb took charge. Now he is washed up. I think all this hype about Eli Manning is for nothing and I do not think he will be that great in the future. I could be wrong and be eating my words a few years later, but that is my opinion. I just think people are blinded by the accomplishments of his brother and father and they can't even fathom that Eli could possibly suck.

I bet that Eli's career will be like Kerry Collin's

I remember that Collins was considered the next Montana in his rookie year :D

585006819[/snapback]

Exactly. The Gints fans just won't accept it. Warner didn't have anywhere near a 16.9 QB rating in the games he played in NY. So what was that about the O-line? The WR? Have those changed?

:laugh: Eli really sux0rs.

Bad ref calls?  I do not know why would have to give an excuse if we lost.  Am I supposed to feel bad that some people thing Pittsburgh is the better team in PA?  Good for them.  We won't be seeing them in the NFC championship game and I would be happy enough if the Eagles made it to the superbowl, let alone win it.

585006763[/snapback]

You should feel retarded after saying that. The Eagles got handled by Pittsburgh. Face it bud, its not their year. The only team that can bring down the Steelers right now is the Colts. Peyton is just amazing. We'll see when we get there though. Until then, Pittsburgh is the best team in PA without a doubt.

Oh, I almost forgot. You weren't kiddin when you said we won't see Pittsburgh in the NFC championship! Its ashame..they're in the AFC.