A Beggar asks you for Money

A Beggar asks you for Money - Do you?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. A Beggar asks you for Money - Do you?

• Give a coin
    • Ignore
    • Give a coin only if you have Friends around you
    • Give all you have on your Account
    • Give a sandwich/apple/sushi etc
    • Pull out the Vodka/Heroin/Glue etc and Rawk
    • Take him/her home and include in your family/life
    • Punch da Fist/Shoot Gun / Slice Knife / Spit in Face
    • Explain how Society Functions>Taxes>Jobs>etc
    • Call the Police

I've given like 40p before. I remember one time, some drunk stopped me at the train station and started telling me his story about how he was kicked out of a fish and chip shop, or something, with all foam coming from his mouth :x

I wouldn't give him money, BUT I would give him food. The reason is he'd probably use the money for drugs or drinking, but whereas I buy him food then I know where my money is going and I know that his kids (if he has any) are getting food too.

I'd give him what I had in my pocket, which usually bout 30-40 bux or so...I fell bad, its what my family does. You earn respect doing that you know..

the poll is kinda stupid..

depends on my mood and what kind of begger he/she is.. if they smell like booze or they're out of it.. no money for them, they'll just use the money for more booze or drugs.

if i'm in a good mood and its just a normal person asking for money.. might give em a buck

If he/she is panhandling in front of my building I ignore them and call security to chase them away.

Otherwise I ignore them.

We are a mecca for them here.

They beg for change on the boardwalk between meals at the huge Rescue Misson that was built a few years ago right behind the convention center.

I've had perfectly healthy appearing guys in their early twenties begging for money.

Them I tell to get the **** outta my face :)

I write a check to the mission every year around this time and to a local halfway house.

So my conscience is clear.

Not all beggars are homeless. Some are just plain lazy. Regardless, everyone has to work hard for what they have in life. Some are not as lucky as others, but when life gives you a curveball you have to help yourself... not expect everyone else to bail you out.

Just my opinion. Agree or don't.

Edited by jkinzer

• 5 months later...

My fiance works for a homeless and vulnerable adult charity and even she would never give money directly to someone because there are plenty of these out there solely to get people into a place and back on their feet.

The vast majority of people who are "on the streets" already have homes and are only trying to get money in addition to their regular benefits.

i always ignore because i usually dont carry cash and if i do its usually big bills (50-100). i alwasy try not to have change becuase i hate how it feels in my wallet

I ignore most of them or I start telling them how society works when they start arguing with me.

Once, there was this dude maybe 17 yrs old and was begging everyone on the boulevard. His story was "Can you please please please give some change I got kicked out from the house and I need to take the bus to find a place to live". He says that to me, I said "no". Then he goes to see this other guy and funny enough, the other guy goes "You asked me for change last week on this very same boulevard with the very same story. What are you running a business? Go ask the others around me" and the kid didn't know what to say, just continued begging and just left the place.

For many of these homeless beggers, it is a form of business believe it or not.

I only give spare of change if they are honest with me. For example this man maybe early 30's came up and said "Do you please have some change I'm really hungry". Gave him all my change. The second I gave him the change, I saw him enter the fastfood restaurant which was near us ("La Belle Province" famous in QC) and he had a hamburger!.

Beggers with bull**** stories I can't stand. Be honest or gtfo.

Sometimes I help out with a Dollar, But not all the time, cause some just want for beer.

a friend of my familys owns a business which has jobs that can be done wiht manual labor and he once offered a homeless man a job bc he had a sign that said "need to feed family, will work for food" the homeless responded by saying he was really only looking for money