-1 New Messages

There has been a topic about this a few days ago but that person had two more messages than you (1 unread). Try the steps described in that topic, maybe it does work.

Cheers

yea i edited my post because i wasn't too sure about this. i haven't seen -1 before. what happens if you log out and back in? did you try clearing your cache yet?

You guys really need to read. He's being told he got negative 1 message which has nothing to do with hidden unread message.

586795469[/snapback]

I know I know, if you read my post correctly you would see I understood the question. I was just thinking it could be the same type of problem and therefore have the same solution.

Yea I tried re-logging in.

This kind of sux, when I get a message it shows 0 new messages and it won't alert me.

EDIT: Its now still at 0 after I read my received message :happy:

You guys really need to read. He's being told he got negative 1 message which has nothing to do with hidden unread message.

The "-" symbol is a menu spacer not a indication of negative amounts. It really was showing that he had 1 unread message.

It's hard to see with his red box.

Edit: (two years later): I was wrong, btw. It does happen. It usually happens when you delete an unread message (that you probably read in the preview window). It gets solved when you receive your next PM.

Edited by Fred Derf
added correct information

maybe it's different between the themes?

*switches to neowin blue*

nope. it's cleary a dot. not a "-"

586796452[/snapback]

Indeed, he really had one negative message... Neobond ate it.

The "-" symbol is a menu spacer not a indication of negative amounts.  It really was showing that he had 1 unread message.

Edit: It's hard to see with his red box.

586796393[/snapback]

Well if ti was a spacer, why didn't the sign turn red like it does when you get a message?

• 8 months later...

At the top where it has the links for My Controls, New/Active Posts etc and it says x New Messages (for PMs), it says -1 new Messages for me :\

I had the same bug last week, I fixed it self once I got another private message. I'm not sure why it does that.

It might be from when someone sends a tracked message. They can delete it from your PM inbox if you haven't read it yet.

Just an idea.

It might be from when someone sends a tracked message. They can delete it from your PM inbox if you haven't read it yet.

Just an idea.

that wouldn't explain why it sends the command -1 to the database. maybe theres a duplicate delete, and it's sending the command -1 to the database :s there should be a limitation to convert " - "s to " 0 "s

• 2 months later...