Couple questions guys.

First im in Europe, so the open beta is starting soon and my preorder is on its way :)

Now im gonna be playing horde with my guilde for sure.

1. I heard Shamans, Mages and Warriors are the most common classes, is that true?

2. Which classes are good in groups (parties), or most looked for?

3. How are Rogues/Priests/Hunters in PvE/PvP?

4. What Horde race goes best with Priest (i think undead)?

5. What Horde race goes best with Hunter (i was told troll)?

These are the main questions but in summary, Id like to play a character that is not so common (hate being one between so many, reminds me of the mass shaman tactics in warcraft 3), i want to play a class that is useful to a group when hunting as well as has the chance of soloing. Id also want to be decent in PvP (preferably solo PvP but i must be also decent at group PvP).

Thanks a lot and i am awaiting your answers, fellow WoW gurus!

Ritalin

585044701[/snapback]

Since no one else hit this, I'll try

1) From what I have read, warriors, rogues, and hunters seem to be the most popular

2) This I don't know. A warrior is almost always needed, as it's the only pure tank in the game. A paladin can tank, but it relies pretty heavily on the auras

3) Don't know about Pvp, but for groups, they tend to be more of the support group. Rogues can doll out a ton of damage because of the spells it has

4 and 5) From what I have read, races really don't matter THAT much. You'll notice a difference in the beginning, but once you get going, they all tend to mesh together

In regards to which race, you have to consider your play style and weigh all the pros and cons. Some of the racial abilities are better than others. You'll also have to consider if you'll be doing much PvP because that will influence your build a lot as well.

How did you add the extra bars on the left and the extra on the bottom? I haven't had much time to play in the past few days because of moving but I can't wait to get back into it. :)

They are legal fully. If they were not blizzard would not even of made a sub forum for the UI system. They made it so ANYONE could redo the UI to how they want it. Rather nice actually.

I don't know what the deal is but lat night when I tried to play, I would click an ability and it would stick like I wanted to move it from my bar... I don't think it was my mouse. I moved my computer back to my desk since I had it across the room hooked directly into my router. I'm gonna get it back online wireless tonight to see if there was some problem I didn't know about. Anyone else have this problem?

I love that BLizzard banned all those A-Holes that were using bots. :) I wonder how many top-teir players were taken off?

Edited by Qarth

I love that BLizzard banned all those A-Holes that were using bots.  :)  I wonder how many top-teir players were taken off?

585066521[/snapback]

I was under the impression that bots are mainly used for skill building, not leveling. Things like fishing were a problem for sure.

Am I the only one who it ****es off to know that thest people were using these bots? Maybe I'm selfish but that doesn't make for a very fun time for me. Diablo was lost from the kickoff on B-Net. This is actually working and I don't think it should be made a mockery of. I love to play PvP but I don't think that me vs a palyer that has been using a bot would make a fair match.

I'm from Asheron's Call and I've formed the opinion that non-combat macros are okay. I could be wrong in my opinion but I like saving myself the tedium if clicking that silly fishing bobber :)

I also don't like it when people use bots. It seems equal to cheating to me.

As for fishing, I kind of like it. I click on the bobber and think "I hope this is good!" :D

Well I deleted my Tauren Shaman because I thought it would be better to have herbalism/Alchemy rather than leatherworking/skinning. The way I figure, any class can benefit from it greatly. But my Shaman would have had a huge benefit because of the Mana potions. I am making a Human mage now and plan on joining good ol' Mav Pheonix on The Shatterewd Hand server. If anyone wants to start with me lemme know.

Stupid question... Does WoW have weather effects? Snow, Rain, Thunder Lightning? And if so, are they varied or is it all the same? Like, are there variations of how heavy the rain is or how heavy the snow is or it it pretty much the same? Thanks!