The transition WoW takes from day to night is very impressive. I remember being awed when I first noticed it.

Edit:

Complex weather effects can kill frame rates if they're high enough quality. I suppose Blizzard decided against this realism because a lot of people in other MMORPGs complain about FPS loss due to this.

Who knows.

They should have made it an option so us high end pc users can benefit  :D  :p

585073991[/snapback]

They might, I read that it is most likely in the works, the game is only 2 weeks old after all--and yes Blizzard wanted to keep it accessible to the greater majority of people in terms of hardware specs (at least initially while they are still hooking people in).

Qarth, I'll be looking out for you--I should be hitting level 33 today, I had some really fun PvP last night. :D And then got ganked twice while fighting a level 27 mob. :pinch:

I was attacked by a level 31 Warlock just before the server shutdown when I was fighting a lvl 27 NPC. I wasn't at full health and was being attacked by his voidwalker + NPC + him and his curses. I still killed him, that doesn't mean I'm overpowered it just means he sucks. Oh and by the way he came back with a 33 Shaman and killed me while I was mining some iron so yeah. :laugh:

I was attacked by a level 31 Warlock just before the server shutdown when I was fighting a lvl 27 NPC. I wasn't at full health and was being attacked by his voidwalker + NPC + him and his curses. I still killed him, that doesn't mean I'm overpowered it just means he sucks. Oh and by the way he came back with a 33 Shaman and killed me while I was mining some iron so yeah.  :laugh:

585074311[/snapback]

Hmm that is heroic for him! :/

Hopefully they get something sorted out by time the Euro release comes along. If not I might be hiding in the trees as a rogue waiting for the gankers to go for the newbies ;)

Stupid question... Does WoW have weather effects? Snow, Rain, Thunder Lightning? And if so, are they varied or is it all the same? Like, are there variations of how heavy the rain is or how heavy the snow is or it it pretty much the same? Thanks!

585073711[/snapback]

I have heard it thunder a few times.

the one thing that kinda bothers me about this game is that it seems they just took the Diablo random name item generator code and stuck it in here lol

i hated all these Glowing Gloves of the Monkey and this Blocking Shield of the Eagle... could be so much more creative....

the one thing that kinda bothers me about this game is that it seems they just took the Diablo random name item generator code and stuck it in here lol

i hated all these Glowing Gloves of the Monkey and this Blocking Shield of the Eagle... could be so much more creative....

585076283[/snapback]

As much as that formula has been used before, it makes it much easier to know what an item is before you mouse-over it. It didn't bug me when I started playing -- I found it rather nice.

As much as that formula has been used before, it makes it much easier to know what an item is before you mouse-over it. It didn't bug me when I started playing -- I found it rather nice.

585076332[/snapback]

still gotta love the "bastar*" items :)

Been playing with creating peeps for about 2 hours now... I don't knwo what I wanna be! Priests are always cool, there's not much undead out there... i dont' like to be the same thing everone else is. I dunno. i don't want to be a shaman anymore, I'm not too into the totems. I'm thinking Mage or Priest.

Been playing with creating peeps for about 2 hours now...  I don't knwo what I wanna be!  Priests are always cool, there's not much undead out there...  i dont' like to be the same thing everone else is.  I dunno.  i don't want to be a shaman anymore, I'm not too into the totems.  I'm thinking Mage or Priest.

585076726[/snapback]

A guy in my guild just switched from his warrior to a warlock and says he loves it.

i dont' like to be the same thing everone else is.

585076726[/snapback]

That's my thinking as well. The problem is, with a few hundred thousand people, I think there is lots of everything except maybe priests. I have several characters now, but my newest one is a gnome rogue. I see those little dudes running around and it cracks me up! I keep expecting them to take a ladder out of their pocket before they backstab something! :rofl:

Selling World of Warcraft In-Game Content for Real Money - Block on 12/10/04

It has come to our attention that certain individuals are selling Blizzard's in-game property for cash on auction sites such as eBay and on personal websites. The World of Warcraft Terms of Use clearly state that all of the content in World of Warcraft is the property of Blizzard, and Blizzard does not allow "in game" items to be sold for real money. Accordingly, Blizzard Entertainment will take any and all actions necessary to stop this behavior. Not only do we believe that it is illegal, but it also has the potential to damage the game economy and overall experience for the many thousands of others who play World of Warcraft for fun. In order to promote a fun and fair environment for all our customers, we are actively investigating those individuals who engage in this inappropriate activity and reserve the right to take legal action against these individuals to protect World of Warcraft for all those who "play by the rules." If you are found to be selling in-game property (such as coins, items, or characters), for real money, you will lose your characters and accounts, and Blizzard Entertainment reserves its right to pursue legal action against you as well.

We also want to remind potential buyers in the game to please refrain from buying in-game property with real money. We understand the temptation to purchase better items, but Blizzard, and not the seller, does own all in-game property. In addition, we feel that characters can find ample equipment and money within the game through their own adventuring and questing. Please understand that if you do purchase in-game property from sellers on eBay and personal sites, we may temporarily suspend your account, and at the very least, delete the offending items.

Thank you for understanding our position. Blizzard Entertainment is committed to maintaining the atmosphere of fair play and fun in World of Warcraft.

Some people... :pinch:

For some reason buying something you didn't find or buy in a game seems rediculous to me. How the heck do you own up to sending it? I could tell you the server messed up and it deleted in route. Whatever though. I've been mocking that type of thing since people started selling EQ accounts.

It happens that people do eBay auctions and for items and the item is never delivered though it is payed for.

The only thing a seller has tying them is possible ingame consequences and (if they used eBay) their seller rating. In many cases it's not enough.

How is the game so far?Im getting so anxious because im bored to death cause i have ablsolutly nothing to play.I have to wait about 13 days until i can play it...maybe more.Im planning on being a human or a elf rouge.

I downloaded and customized CosmoUI and I don't know how I played without it before! I have a bar for my Seals, Blessing, attacks, skills and food! How cool is that! This progeram rocks!

I downloaded and customized CosmoUI and I don't know how I played without it before!  I have a bar for my Seals, Blessing, attacks, skills and food!  How cool is that!  This progeram rocks!

585089585[/snapback]

It's that good, eh? I read about it often, but haven't gotten over my uneasiness at installing it.

It's that good, eh?  I read about it often, but haven't gotten over my uneasiness at installing it.

585090246[/snapback]

My guild tried to get me to use it but I'm too used to the default interface now and have adapted. Cosmos is a crutch. :laugh: