[DEFINITIVE] Nintendo DS Thread

Honest to god why must people who dislike DS come into a topic clearly about DS? Go away, seriously.

Getting back on topic, this is cool. I'm still debating whether or not its worth getting a DS at this point, but this is pretty cool. If only it were official.

Honest to god why must people who dislike DS come into a topic clearly about DS? Go away, seriously.

Getting back on topic, this is cool. I'm still debating whether or not its worth getting a DS at this point, but this is pretty cool. If only it were official.

585036455[/snapback]

Sadly, there not REAL gamers, REAL gamers would game on anything. A game is a game, too many fanboys in here who pik there nose and pimples and shudder at the sight of sunlight :/

Why? It protects the screen. The touchscreen will be abused by the stylus and fingernails, so it has great use.

Anyway, there wasn't much choice to begin with.... Intec Starters kit is the ONLY kit available.

585036021[/snapback]

I got the intec, it sucks balls. I rather get the official nintendo DS cover by import or from ebay.

Seeing this current figure I think it will hit 5m by next March. However will PSP take the market share of portable gaming console? Costs more but offers more features and capabilities but I think PSP still a big hit.

this is great :D. i just set up my 802.11g (backwards compatable with b ;)) yesterday. cant wait for christmas (ds time :D).

585046604[/snapback]

To know if it will work with you wireless card, i suggest you download network stumbler and see if the application sees your DS.

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

I have heard, some G wireless networks are unable to see DS even with B compatibily.

Just check, just to be sure,

To do this, you will need to send random pictochat data with your DS, and see if network stumbler picks it up.

To know if it will work with you wireless card, i suggest you download network stumbler and see if the application sees your DS.

I have heard, some G wireless networks are unable to see DS even with B compatibily.

To do this, you will need to send random pictochat data with your DS, and see if network stumbler picks it up.

585046654[/snapback]

im getting the ds for christmas (im 95% sure) :santa:.

:whistle:

Great news but why always with teh PSP bashing?

Sony has been dreading what? PSP has online support out of the box.. Several games will support it in Japan on launch. Yes DS supports online to but its up to devs to use the feature.

But great news. Tunneling is sweet.

Sony has been dreading what?  PSP has online support out of the box.. Several games will support it in Japan on launch.  Yes DS supports online to but its up to devs to use the feature. 

But great news.  Tunneling is sweet.

585048402[/snapback]

is sony using proprietary wireless just like nintendo or standard?

Sony has been dreading what?  PSP has online support out of the box.. Several games will support it in Japan on launch.  Yes DS supports online to but its up to devs to use the feature. 

But great news.  Tunneling is sweet.

585048402[/snapback]

As of right now, yes... But there are talk of Nintendo going offiically online, but that is speculation, yet, the latest interview with nintendo CEO seems gave hints at online play.

We do know that square-enix is helping nintendo, but how? No one knows for sure.

For now, hacking groups like xlink will suffice i guess. BTW, no game I heard will be online capable for PSP during launch in japan. Where did you get this information?

585046654[/snapback]

I have Network stumbler and DS isn't detected...

Have you tried it yourself? Or, are you guessing it will work?

December 06, 2004 - Watch out, America! Japan is sneaking up on you as the biggest supporter of the Nintendo DS. Nintendo revealed today to Japan's Bloomberg News service that since launch this past Thursday, the DS has managed retail sales of 513,000 units throughout the country. This puts the system half way through the number of units Nintendo Japan plans on shipping by the end of the year (1,000,000).

Strangely, Nintendo's software numbers are lower than its hardware numbers. The company states that 500,000 pieces of NDS software have sold at Japanese retail, which means at least 13,000 people are either using their DS for Game Boy Advance games, or are just having fun with Pictochat (and there's a whole lot of fun to be had).

Independent sales tracker Media Create confirms Nintendo's strong numbers. According to the company, the NDS has seen hardware sales of 468,900 units. It puts software at 489,600 units.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/571/571189p1.html

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nintendogs.php

Nintendo dogs will use voice recognition (calling your pet name, doing commands, tricks), touch screen to interact with your pets, virtual surround to have better feel of the spaces and environment as well good 3d gfx and models that DS is well capable of doing and multiplay in sharing your pets with others...

This is simply a demo showing off some cool features of this virtual pet game.

Can't wait, I never liked these kinds of games, until now!