Barry Bonds Used Steriods

Just wondering how many people care? Well what I really mean is that even if he did...does that suddenly mean hes not good , he sucks or soemthing? Thats what I assume people think but I dunno...

Na he's obviously a great hitter...Steroids can't inmprove hand-eye-coordination, which it takes alot of to hit a 90mph pitch, but alot of those homers he and McGuire hit would have stayed in the park. There is a huge difference in the amount of homer he hit in the beginning of his career compared to recent seasons.

But to answer your question it makes him a fraud...IMHO

Well true but , common really to me it seems it only had one big homer season , the one he broke the record the others werent special really as far as home runs go.

yea thats true, but recent seasons have just been a huge turn around compared to when he was younger. I mean he's hit like 50 homers every season for the past 5 years maybe? I'm not sure if that is accurate or not, but I'm willing to bet it's close.

this is really old news.. most people knew about this testimony last year.. he said he didn't know they were steriods..

quite sad that he didnt know really, I feel sorry for him

If you guys actually believe that he "didn't know" he was taking steroids then I have a beautiful piece of land in the everglades to sell you :)

How do you not notice that rapid gain in weight, strength, and an increase of two sizes in your baseball cap...I mean your head isn't supposed to grow any when your 35 years old :)

yea thats true, but recent seasons have just been a huge turn around compared to when he was younger. I mean he's hit like 50 homers every season for the past 5 years maybe? I'm not sure if that is accurate or not, but I'm willing to bet it's close.

585032803[/snapback]

All I can say about that is hes either that good or hes the only one to take advantage of steriods fully haha and no one else has ever been able to.

If you guys actually believe that he "didn't know" he was taking steroids then I have a beautiful piece of land in the everglades to sell you :)

How do you not notice that rapid gain in weight, strength, and an increase of two sizes in your baseball cap...I mean your head isn't supposed to grow any when your 35 years old :)

585032818[/snapback]

i'm not completely stupid... i know he knew, but he can say he didn't know until the cows come home and he'll be alright..

:D

There is a huge difference in the amount of homer he hit in the beginning of his career compared to recent seasons.

585032768[/snapback]

Hehe...no there isn't. He's NEVER hit very long home runs. Nothing like Mcguire.

585032803[/snapback]

Go check out his hr totals for the past 10 years, THEN come back and talk. Here's a hint....your not close.

yes it isnt big deal in the big picture of everything , but its just give all the people who hate bonds or who doesnt want him to be known as the best something to say.

Go check out his hr totals for the past 10 years, THEN come back and talk. Here's a hint....your not close.

Barry Bonds Stat Page@ cbs.sportsline.com

Heres a hint...Look at the numbers increase not only in HR but in slugging...and he was hovering around 50 homers since 2000. BTW what does hitting long homers have to do with anything?

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

Your right , but again thats not something I would say is so amazing that he coulnt do , man I think the stuff besides the home runs , like batting avg , walks , make you say whoa... now that I think of it mabye the walks are the reason he doesnt average almost 60 a year.

Your right , but again thats not something I would say is so amazing that he coulnt do , man I think the stuff besides the home runs , like batting avg , walks , make you say whoa... now that I think of it mabye the walks are the reason he doesnt average almost 60 a year.

yup...like i said he's definately a great ball player...but his first 5 years he hit 16,25,24,19, and 33 homers...then the last five years he hits 49, 73,46,45, and 45 homers, at that age you don't just start slamming homers left and right. But I think your definately right though.

Barry Bonds Stat Page@ cbs.sportsline.com

Heres a hint...Look at the numbers increase not only in HR but in slugging...and he was hovering around 50 homers since 2000. BTW what does hitting long homers have to do with anything?

585032937[/snapback]

You're the one who brought up the long home runs, so I responded

His HR total hasn't increased. He's been steady for the past 10+ years. Also, his slugging percentage is up because his batting average is way up. Walks don't count in slugging percentage, so he's getting many more singles and doubles than ever before. His K/at bat is QUITE a bit lower than when he was younger.

at that age you don't just start slamming homers left and right. But I think your definately right though.

Why not? We've seen what Randy Johnson and Clemens can do at that age. We've seen what Jerry Rice can do at that age.

I didn't say anything about long homers?...but your right that he has been steady for a while, but I would think that is because he hit his physical peak then started using roids to keep up the performance.

On top of that, he testified using, what he didn't know was steroids, only in 2003. Show me how those steroids enhanced his season any. Show me the terrible season he had when he came off the roids, like Giambi had. Despite the steroid talk, the buy is clearly a great player, and it seems the roids didn't help him at all.