Hokies Win The ACC!

As many of you know I'm a huge VA Tech fan...And they just won the ACC Outright!! Many said they wouldn't win 4 games in the big bad ACC....Welp, How do you like the Hokies now??? I just hade to gloat!!! :) Playing Auburn (likely) won't be fun :no:

too bad both teams looked awful. how many turnovers in the game? miscues? offenses were pathetic. and neither even have good defense, in fact, miami has one of the worst d's in the nation. definitely a down year for the ACC. people gave tOSU a hard time after dropping out of the rankings within 2 years...looks like miami is gonna have some issues now too.

oh yeah, and there was never such thing as the big bad acc ;)

acc has always been a joke of a conference.

congrats on the bowl birth though.

A joke of a conference??? VA Tech, Miami, Virginia, Florida State????? Do you watch football???? Va Tech has one of the best defenses in the NATION!!! Also one of the top scoring Defenses! Jesus...It was a sloppy game though.

:D

Now the Gators will play Miami in the Peach Bowl. Looks like this disappointing season can be salvaged with the win over FSU, getting Urban Meyer as coach, and possibly beating another in-state rival.

Gator football is BACK!!!!

Va Tech has one of the best defenses in the NATION!!! Also one of the top scoring Defenses!

585041866[/snapback]

You are correct with those statements. VT has allowed 15 TD's in 12 games this year, a remarkable feat if you think about it. Have you thought that you could've gone undefeated? First, if the refs didn't call that offensive pass interference against VT vs. USC in the first week (what a horrible call), you would've won that game, being as you would be up by 3 TD's. Then, against NC State, you missed the FG with seconds left in the game. If you would've pulled those two off, you would've gone undefeated.

They still suck at basketball

/end troll

I like the Hokie Pokies, congrats to them. I'm just glad Miami didnt win...

You are correct with those statements. VT has allowed 15 TD's in 12 games this year, a remarkable feat if you think about it. Have you thought that you could've gone undefeated? First, if the refs didn't call that offensive pass interference against VT vs. USC in the first week (what a horrible call), you would've won that game, being as you would be up by 3 TD's. Then, against NC State, you missed the FG with seconds left in the game. If you would've pulled those two off, you would've gone undefeated.

Yea I've thought about that before...they would probably be ranked 3 or 4 in the nation. But I can understand them losing to USC (even though the pass interference call lost the game for them) but they should have never lost to NC State. I just love that fact that they were being picked to finish 6th and they win the whole thing :punk: After seeing Auburn play tonight against Tennesse I think Va Tech is going to be able to give them a good game.

:D

Now the Gators will play Miami in the Peach Bowl. Looks like this disappointing season can be salvaged with the win over FSU, getting Urban Meyer as coach, and possibly beating another in-state rival.

Gator football is BACK!!!!

585041939[/snapback]

we WILL beat miami in the peach bowl and show everyone 'just how they do things down there' :D

A joke of a conference??? VA Tech, Miami, Virginia, Florida State????? Do you watch football???? Va Tech has one of the best defenses in the NATION!!! Also one of the top scoring Defenses! Jesus...It was a sloppy game though.

585041866[/snapback]

you honestly think miami, virginia and FSU are good teams this year?

first of all, lets start with VaTech:

you lose to #1 12-0 USC practically at home.

you lose to 5-6 NC State at home.

you beat 6-5 north carolina by 3 on the road.

fsu, virginia, and miami are all 3 loss teams. how do you consider that good?

you honestly think miami, virginia and FSU are good teams this year?

first of all, lets start with VaTech:

you lose to #1 12-0 USC practically at home.

you lose to 5-6 NC State at home.

you beat 6-5 north carolina by 3 on the road.

fsu, virginia, and miami are all 3 loss teams. how do you consider that good?

haha you joking right??? The ACC pounded the CRAP out of each other all year long! Out off all four of those teams (Va Tech, Miami, Florida State, and Virginia) they only lost 2 out of conference games....??? Don't get me started on Michigan either...those dudes are a joke...They lost to an unranked Notre Dame and to a VERY overranked Ohio State...Here look...this is a football...

post-66484-1102284916.jpg

ND and OSU, two of the most storied programs in college football (the acc doesn't have any) on the ROAD. you lost twice at home. no argument. try harder.

ND and OSU, two of the most storied programs in college football (the acc doesn't have any) on the ROAD.  you lost twice at home.  no argument.  try harder.

585047853[/snapback]

the refs called a few good calls for you vs wvu too. espn guys were pointing it out all game. vt doesn't deserve to win anything.

well, we got Michigan vs. Texas in the Rose Bowl.

Auburn vs. VaTech in the Sugar Bowl.

vatech fans better start praying...

in terms of conference strength, big 10, big 12, and sec are all above the acc. i'd put you guys above the pac 10. and i'm speaking in terms of toughest from top to bottom.

How could you possible say that the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are all above the ACC?? Big 10, Big 12, and ACC all have 4 teams in the top 25...and the SEC has 5 in the top 25 (with two more teams than the ACC). By the way the average rank of those four in the ACC is 13.25...the average rank of the 4 in the big 10 is 17th...and the average rank of the four in the Big 12 is 13.5...The SEC has the best average national rank of 11.8...so it looks to be like the SEC is the best, then ACC, then Big 12, and then the Big 10.

the refs called a few good calls for you vs wvu too. espn guys were pointing it out all game. vt doesn't deserve to win anything.

West Virginia loses no matter what because when the game is over they have to go back to West Virginia...haha J/K!!! :p :rofl:

Just some Virginia/West Virginia humor :)

For how long we'll see. The reason the ACCs rankings look good right now is because they picked up Miami and VT up in their prime. I would have liked to see what VT's qb for next year looked like. He really can't be much worse than Randall (inconsistent as ****).

How could you possible say that the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are all above the ACC?? Big 10, Big 12, and ACC all have 4 teams in the top 25...and the SEC has 5 in the top 25 (with two more teams than the ACC). By the way the average rank of those four in the ACC is 13.25...the average rank of the 4 in the big 10 is 17th...and the average rank of the four in the Big 12 is 13.5...The SEC has the best average national rank of 11.8...so it looks to be like the SEC is the best, then ACC, then Big 12, and then the Big 10.

585047978[/snapback]

those were in no particular order. i don't care about average ranking. yeah, i would agree, right now, the sec is probably the toughest. too bad auburn had to schedule some div 1AA teams for their OOC games.

1-3 are big 10, big 12 and sec. order changes from time to time. #4 is acc, #5 is pac 10. acc is a basketball conference.

/\ It's Marcus Vick...He kind of TORE UP Miami Last year...when he wasn't having sex with minors :)

585048061[/snapback]

I seriously doubt VT is going to take him back. He was kicked out of school anyways, doesn't that take away a year of eligibility?

I seriously doubt VT is going to take him back. He was kicked out of school anyways, doesn't that take away a year of eligibility?

Yea he's definately coming back...He's been back to blacksburg several times this year and he's down in Atlanta working out with Michael. As far as eligiblility goes I think he does lose a year...but he will still have two years left.

I hate Virginia Tech... stupid farming school 

UVA

haha you should check out this link...Linky :)