Hokies Win The ACC!

ND and OSU, two of the most storied programs in college football (the acc doesn't have any) on the ROAD.  you lost twice at home.  no argument.  try harder

They may be "storied programs" but thats all they are...they suck a$$ this year. And Tech lost ONCE at home. Washington D.C. is 4 hours away from Tech...that is closer to UVA's home territory. Besides, it really doesn't matter WHERE you lose...if you lose you lose, there is no column for "away game loses". If you can't play good at an opponents home stadium then your program has no chance to begin with.

Oh an if you wanna talk about "storied programs" take a look at all the NFL players from Miami and Florida State (both ACC). And all the bowl rings between Miami, Va Tech, and Florida State. Also Va Tech has been in the Top 25 every year for the past 18 years...

Big 10 started off as my #1 conference, but Purdue and Wisconsin just went down the gutter as the season ended. The best conference is the SEC followed by the Big 10 and Big 12. The ACC falls right behind those three.

BroChaos, Michigan isn't that great of a team either, they will lose to Texas. You guys lost to Notre Dame, barely beat San Diego St. (:laugh:), barely beat Minnesota, barely beat Purdue (who had already lost its greatness), and got humiliated against Ohio St. You won by a combined 8 points in those three games I stated above :blink:

behind a frosh qb and tb. give us a break ;)

they have matured. had hart played against ND, we would have won that one.

also, the blackshirts of SDSU are a good D, and again, were able to rattle a young qb.

minnesota is a decent team, purdue is still a decent team, and we came off with the wins.

now ohio st., no excuses. but again, remember that these are freshman in the 2 biggest positions.

now, texas is only there because of a made up pass intereference call against the might kansas jayhawks. oh, and texas gave up how many pts in one half to OkSt.? their passing game doesn't even exist, practically the worst in div 1a. we'll see what happens ;)

dreaming, you don't understand the concept of rivalry game. ND and OSU's main goals are to beat michigan. for the past year, every ND training activity had been done in reps of 31, just to remind them of the 31-0 loss to michigan a year ago. i'd love to see vatech go into notre dame stadium, or the shoe in columbus, and pull off a win. doens't matter who's supposed to be the better team. michigans last home loss? oct 26 2002. no excuses for losing at home to a team that has no business beating you.

you wanna talk bowl rings? one name, tom brady. we got just as many as you do, so please, keep trying :)

and vatech has made 12 straight bowls, whopdee do. try 30.

there's nothing you can argue...the acc just isn't the conference you wish it was.

BroChaos, Michigan isn't that great of a team either, they will lose to Texas. You guys lost to Notre Dame, barely beat San Diego St. (), barely beat Minnesota, barely beat Purdue (who had already lost its greatness), and got humiliated against Ohio St. You won by a combined 8 points in those three games I stated above?

lol...there are no excuses for that crap...don't try to make any either:))

dreaming, you don't understand the concept of rivalry game. ND and OSU's main goals are to beat michigan. for the past year, every ND training activity had been done in reps of 31, just to remind them of the 31-0 loss to michigan a year ago. i'd love to see vatech go into notre dame stadium, or the shoe in columbus, and pull off a win. doens't matter who's supposed to be the better team. michigans last home loss? oct 26 2002. no excuses for losing at home to a team that has no business beating you.

Not only would Va Tech go into Notre Dame Stadium and crush them but they would drag 30,000+ fans along with them when they do it. Same thing with Ohio State....what a joke, you've got to be kidding. Your right about Va Tech losing at home to NC State though, they had no business losing that game and I can't make up any stupid excuses for them. They lost.

you wanna talk bowl rings? one name, tom brady. we got just as many as you do, so please, keep trying

Dude, Tom Brady is a decent QB so I'm not gonna argue that. But he also inherited a team full of guys that are pro bowl material. They would have been super bowl champs alot of other quarterbacks. If you wanna talk about QB's take a look at the Falcons and the guy who has revolutionized the position. That team sucks without him. He has no recievers, running backs, and an OK defense. They lose every game he doesn't play. He's the most valuable player to his team than any other player in the league and their respective teams.

yeah, vick had a great performance yesterday...:rolleyes:

vick isn't revolutionizing jack, unless you mean inconsistency and the amount of turnovers a qb commits per game...

a mobile qb will never work in the pros. drew brees will get a ring before vick does.

i seriously hope you are joking about vatech walking into ND stadium or the shoe and crushing them, and there's no way you'd get 30,000 tickets for your fans. you are seriously misinformed on what it's like to play in those 2 stadiums. 100k+ fans at the shoe, 80k+ fans at ND. your players wouldn't know what to do...until you've played there, please don't act like you know what would happen.

Silly ACC. Well, there are a few good programs, but overall i rank it around the Pac 10. VaTech had better be prepared for that Sugar Bowl because I can guarantee those Auburn Tigers/Plainsmen/WarEagles will be up for it.

I've been to Notre Dame and Ohio State and neither stadium is nearly as loud as Lane Stadium...

Btw...Brady only threw for 157 yards yesterday...Vick threw for 115 and ran for 81. :shifty:

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

Actually none of this arguing really matters anyways...Virginia Tech is ranked 8th in the Nation and will be playing in the Sugar Bowl against the best team in the nation. And Michigan is ranked 13th and will play Texas. Both teams are gonna be playing against superior opponents...but Va Tech is ranked higher than Michigan...ahhhhh :whistle: (Y)

Ahh, then if you want one of the most intimidating stadium atmospheres, try Death Valley (no, not Clemson) on a Saturday night against an SEC opponent.

Actually none of this arguing really matters anyways...Virginia Tech is ranked 8th in the Nation and will be playing in the Sugar Bowl against the best team in the nation. And Michigan is ranked 13th and will play Texas. Both teams are gonna be playing against superior opponents...but Va Tech is ranked higher than Michigan...ahhhhh  :whistle:  (Y)

585052433[/snapback]

i could care less about your ranking. you have two losses. one at home, one on neutral (according to you, but really a home game in terms of crowd).

we have two losses, both on the road at 2 of the toughest stadiums in the country.

if you talk about your stadium being so tough and loud, then why did you lose at home this year? why did you lose at home twice last year? the shoe and ND are still tougher places to play than lane. and the rivalry games are still bigger than anythign your team will ever play in. you just can't compare losing those games on the road to VaTech losing to NC State at home.

but whatever, we'll talk more when the bowls are over ;)

although trash talking is fun :)

haha this is true...I love a good college football debate :D ...Have fun in Pasadena (if your going)...I'll be in "NAWLINS" watching boobies flying around everywhere :hump: :rofl:

ha, try the Swamp on a night against an SEC opponent or FSU.

585053747[/snapback]

Quite true too. And of course Neyland ranks right up there too.

i know michigan stadium isn't always the loudest, but you can't top us in terms of sheer numbers, and the overwhelming size of the stadium. as long as we don't lose at home, i don't care :p and we've been pretty good at winning there.

Yea it's definatly huge...what does it seat now? Like 105,000?

Lane only seats about 70,000 right now, but they are doing construction on it again. They're tearing down the press boxes and adding an upper deck to each side of the stadium then putting the press boxes on top of them. Last year they added seating to one end zone and put a resturant and bar in. This is what it looks like now...so it'll be pretty nice when they finish...I think it'll seat around 85,000 next year? This is what it looks like now...

Edit: You can only see the "sunny side" of the stadium...the side you can't see is about twice as tall.

post-66484-1102473619.jpg

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

i know michigan stadium isn't always the loudest, but you can't top us in terms of sheer numbers, and the overwhelming size of the stadium.  as long as we don't lose at home, i don't care :p  and we've been pretty good at winning there.

585061606[/snapback]

nope, but our 90,000 are louder :D ;)

nope, but our 90,000 are louder  :D  ;)

585063164[/snapback]

now that urban is on board, and i have yet to hear any negative comments from fans about him (after the press conference), i think we will get the swamp a rockin. O i cant wait.

Why cant the fall be all year round????

I love the trash talking :p 

Too bad Nebraska had an off year :/

585055641[/snapback]

"Off year" just doesn't quite put it together. Going to a minor bowl game is an off year for your spoiled Husker faithful. :laugh:

Take a look, the two Big East elite switch conferences, and it comes down to them in the final weekend of the season for the ACC title. Too bad my BC Eagles are going to get trounced when they get to the ACC next year.