[College Football] BCS Bowls Announced

i wonder who's gonna coach florida? have they decided?

it's urban's team now. corso says he should be coaching at florida in the bowl game, and not at utah, since florida is his team as of last week.

Why would Urban just ditch Utah right before the BCS bowl? I understand that he now has a commitment to UF, but let the guy at least enjoy this accomplishment. Personally, Corso drives me nuts...aside from waving a pencil around, what exactly does he do on College Gameday? :laugh:

I don't think Urban Meyer should coach the Gators in the bowl game...he had nothing to do with them this season. I'm sure any sane Gator fan would love to have Zook stay around, but he chose not to, as is his perogative. If Meyer wants to coach Utah, and the players want him there, what's the problem?

Personally, because we are playing Miami, I am 100 times more excited about this game than I was a week ago. I am actually looking forward to the Peach Bowl - we owe Miami a payback for the 2nd half collapse last season, not to mention bragging rights for wins over both FSU and UM.

It's on like Donkey Kong...this should be the hardest fought, most intense non-BCS bowl game this year (Louisville/Boise State will be fun to watch though).

i wonder who's gonna coach florida?  have they decided?

it's urban's team now.  corso says he should be coaching at florida in the bowl game, and not at utah, since florida is his team as of last week.

585054439[/snapback]

as of this morning, the decision was made shortly ago that Strong will be coaching the team in the bowl game. The players are reportedly VERY exctied about playing for him.

There was NO talk about urban coaching the peach bowl. It is well known that he wanted to finish his season at Utah first before going to coach the gators. he was not leaving his players right before the big game. He is a class coach.

I really wish Utah had been given a tougher opponent. It doesn't show them in a very high regard if they happen to beat up on Pitt, who for all intensive purposes shouldn't even be in a BCS bowl game.

The best game out there? The Liberty Bowl! The number one and two scoring offenses in the country, Louisville (55 points/game) and Boise St. (50 points/game) going head to head.

yeah, the utah situation sucks...

a team finally makes it in, and then they get stuck playing a crappy pit team (although utah does need to be careful, as pelko or whatever his name is has been really hot the past couple games).

if utah loses, all mid-majors are doomed, if they win, they didn't prove anything. it's a lose-lose situation if you ask me.

if utah loses, all mid-majors are doomed, if they win, they didn't prove anything.  it's a lose-lose situation if you ask me.

585067027[/snapback]

Well, at least they made it in ;)

If Utah wins, it will be "They played a crappy team."

If Pitt wins, Utah didn't deserve to be in the BCS.

It doesn't look good for either of them. Pitt is going to get rolled though, they aren't good. Palko's go-to guy is Frank Lee who looked great in the WVU game (thanks to some missed calls by the refs). I'm calling a 14pt+ lead.

Im just curious then as to what will happen to Utah next season. They probably will fall face down into the mud, back into mid-major reality.

585068502[/snapback]

Their defensive coordinator will take over. He pretty much knows the system, so they may be alright.

man, i dunno about peterson going to new york...well, he can go, but he better not win.

i mean, i don't really care about the heisman, since 9 times out of 10 you'll be a flop in the NFL. but still, he's not leading in any rushing category, excpet for 100+yd games. plus he's rushing behind a heisman winning qb, which makes things just a tad easier, cuz there's no way you can load the box against white. honestly, in terms of numbers, i think smith has the best, and has meant the most to his team, and he would be my fave.

i don't like white either, after his choke of last year. he doesn't deserve to be known as a two time winner.

so that leaves bush and leinart.

bush is exciting, but not the best player. and he's fumbled a lot.

i guess leinart should win it, as much as i hate usc...

man, i dunno about peterson going to new york...well, he can go, but he better not win.

i mean, i don't really care about the heisman, since 9 times out of 10 you'll be a flop in the NFL.  but still, he's not leading in any rushing category, excpet for 100+yd games.  plus he's rushing behind a heisman winning qb, which makes things just a tad easier, cuz there's no way you can load the box against white.  honestly, in terms of numbers, i think smith has the best, and has meant the most to his team, and he would be my fave. 

i don't like white either, after his choke of last year.  he doesn't deserve to be known as a two time winner.

so that leaves bush and leinart. 

bush is exciting, but not the best player.  and he's fumbled a lot. 

i guess leinart should win it, as much as i hate usc...

585069448[/snapback]

Sounds like you have something against OU. You know the Heisman isn't just about numbers. If so why don't they just have computer do the voting? I don't know who should win. But you shouldn't base your opinions from last year. Last year was last year. Who cares what White did. He has been flawless this year. Although having won last year, he doesn't have as much of a chance. Alot of people think " He won it last year. He can't win two years in a row. He's not THAT good." Which is stupid. The Heisman is awarded for acheivements in this season. Not what happened last year.

And for Peterson. That kid is awesome. And they do load the box against him and White. If things were so easy being with White, how come K. Jones doesn't have the numbers like Peterson. Im not shure about Leinhart. He didn't throw a single TD pass in his last game. Doesn't sound like the best to me.

Anyways, I think all 5 candidates are very deserving to win. And the game is going to be awesome.

the heisman very often goes back to last year, even though maybe it's not supposed to. ricky williams and ron dayne won the heisman based on career stats. i don't care what white did this year, he sucked last year, didn't deserve it last year, and should never be put in the same book as archie griffin.

peterson is a freshman and was left in late in pretty much every blow out, just to run up his stats. stoops was a dirty coach this year, really made himself look bad on several occasions.

i still think alex smith is the best candidate.

if they give it to peterson (won't happen,) then we need to go back and give Rex Grossman his heisman for his sophomore season. If he had been a junior that year he would have won by one of the largest margins ever :angry:

sweet! you gonna go? you've passed up some other really good games this year ;)

i'll be at the rosebowl again this year, so if you are gonna be there, hit me up.

sweet!  you gonna go?  you've passed up some other really good games this year ;)

i'll be at the rosebowl again this year, so if you are gonna be there, hit me up.

585076016[/snapback]

havent decided yet.. im gonna be in new orleans from dec 25-28 for the falcons/saints, so i dunno if i wanna go back down there a week later. tickets here are already going for $175.. if i can get $300 ill prolly sell it.

peterson is a freshman and was left in late in pretty much every blow out, just to run up his stats.  stoops was a dirty coach this year, really made himself look bad on several occasions. 

585074962[/snapback]

What irritates me the most is the fact that Cedric Benson was shafted. I understand that he wasnt going to win the Heisman, but he was certainly deserving aswell. Its great that Peterson had a great/historic year for a freshman. But they overlooked one of the top 10 alltime leading rushers in college football history..

How much did you pay for tickets, I heard that they were around $150. I want to go so badly.