[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

been playing Mercury for a while now and I have to say that it's one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

I think the feel of moving something liquid is done fairly well.

At the moment we are restricted to a nub, however the tilt enhancement should be implemented in the future.

The current battery for the system from Sony is $50. I am not sure if its out yet or not but the the Action Replay replacement battery is $39.99 and it is the same mAh rating. I don't expect a higher density battery anytime soon (at least a year but I really expect it to be a lot longer then that).

i bought my extra batteries (which are out in Japan but I can't speak for the US) for 18 pounds each. Very nice deal for official ones.

Toshiba have created this revolutionary battery technology which fills up to 80% in 5 minutes (as described in an article in Japantoday.com)

I'm sure Sony will use it to it's advantage (as well as other companies) once the technology is out in the open.

Well I just got my PSP

The Place my brother got it was an EBGames in Boulder Colorado, the shop owner said out of the 200 he has sold since the release he has not had one returned. My Brother checked it and sure enough there is no problems with it :)

Man, I want one of these. I know if I ask my parents, they'll end up getting me one, but it's just that I'm one of those people who feels bad when I make my parents spend a wad of cash on me.

What should I do?

Man, I want one of these. I know if I ask my parents, they'll end up getting me one, but it's just that I'm one of those people who feels bad when I make my parents spend a wad of cash on me.

What should I do?

585802201[/snapback]

Say you want it, but offer to pay half or more for it. Or save up your money and pay for all of it. It's worth every penny that's for sure.

ok.. total noob question ( i apoligise in advance if this is answered elsewhere)

but,...

how do i go about importing a psp to the UK... is there anything i should know, like will it play english games when they come out??

tia

ok.. total noob question ( i apoligise in advance if this is answered elsewhere)

but,...

how do i go about importing a psp to the UK... is there anything i should know, like will it play english games when they come out??

tia

585802800[/snapback]

Here's the lowdown:

1. US and Jap PSPs can play any region games so you can buy a Jap PSP and play US games on it.

2. UMD movie discs are region coded. If you buy a US PSP you can only use region 1 films, and a Jap PSP will play only region 2 UMD movies (luckily Japan shares the same region as the UK). Not a big deal unless you desperatly want to pay ?20 for a film you probably already own.

3. When the Jap PSP boots it asks if you want Jap or English menus for the PSP OS. Choose English and never see another japanese character again unless....

4. ....you buy a Jap game, in which case it may have some Japanese in it. Obviously US games will be entirely in english.

5. Where to import - a lot of people have been mentioning this place Electricbirdland , prices look good. I recommend getting the value pack

Here's the lowdown:

1. US and Jap PSPs can play any region games so you can buy a Jap PSP and play US games on it.

2. UMD movie discs are region coded. If you buy a US PSP you can only use region 1 films, and a Jap PSP will play only region 2 UMD movies (luckily Japan shares the same region as the UK). Not a big deal unless you desperatly want to pay ?20 for a film you probably already own.

3. When the Jap PSP boots it asks if you want Jap or English menus for the PSP OS. Choose English and never see another japanese character again unless....

4. ....you buy a Jap game, in which case it may have some Japanese in it. Obviously US games will be entirely in english.

5. Where to import - a lot of people have been mentioning this place Electricbirdland , prices look good. I recommend getting the value pack

585803279[/snapback]

Heard ElectricBirdLand is pants, some people ordered like 2 months ago (max) and still not got it

Heard ElectricBirdLand is pants, some people ordered like 2 months ago (max) and still not got it

585804081[/snapback]

I got mine from gbax.com, it arrived very quickly but wasn't cheap. A mate of mine is looking to import too, where did you get yours from?

Good news, I've now got $250. I think that's enough from my side, I plan on cutting the lawn a few more times and getting it upto $300. :)

I can't wait! :D

What game do yo think is best

Mercury or Lumines?

585807565[/snapback]

Lumines! :D

And in regards to the question about the 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, you'll have to wait, no Canadian retailers have them as of yet.

The best prices thusfar are from either NCIX or FrontierPC, both hovering around the 150 dollar mark.

I would suggest waiting on stock for NCIX, as they have good customer service and decent shipping speed. :yes:

i just got lumines, but i couldn't play it cuz my gf played it for over 2 hours straight!

i think most people are gonna say lumines...

I got mine from gbax.com, it arrived very quickly but wasn't cheap. A mate of mine is looking to import too, where did you get yours from?

585804325[/snapback]

Got mine from a reliable ebay seller, only took 3 days (Y):)

hey, that new logitech case is supposed to be out now. did anyone pick it up? any pics?

/omg tiger woods makes me want to throw my psp through a window. just trying to get a game started, it's gone into the demo about 7 times, wasting over a minute each time. :angry: :angry: :angry:

why have battery wasting demo come on in 30 freakin seconds???

hey, that new logitech case is supposed to be out now.  did anyone pick it up?  any pics?

585809205[/snapback]

that means the headphoens are out as well? :drools:

It's suppose to be out...but nowhere around where I live have it yet. Im looking forward to buy it once it hit the stores.

My local EB games said they expected it on the 19th but haven't recieved any yet.