iPod vs Zen Micro, iPod mini vs Muvo2

After reading up on so many ipod/mp3 player threads... i've come to the simple fact, that there's noway you could even win an argument/discussion with an ipod fanny. Might as well put all these threads to rest.

Maybe they put something in the ipod packaging that infects the consumer with apple product dillusional denial syndrome.

Let's all face it... Apple did a fantastic job with their industrial designing... which made all their desktops 'in' or 'cool' or 'the fashionable thing to have'. And this affected the sales of the iPod dramatically. It made owning an iPod seem like owning a PowerMac. Some people get the iPod because they think it's the best... while most people just get them because everyone thinks it's 'cool'.

But when it comes to hardcore mp3 players... you can't top the sound quality and removable battery of the Creative's. I guess hardcore people just love Creative. And the masses love the iPod.

Porsche = Hardcore.

Toyota = Masses.

Okay... probably a very bad example. :happy:

*all said in a calm and humane manner.*

Creative/iRiver/iAudio would be the hardcore ;)

I'd add Rio but there's been a lot of complaints about it's dodgy plastic casing and hard drive failures. But it does have gapless... :unsure:

I'm not anti-iPod (honest GT :)), but I recognise its flaws when compared with the rest of the market.

585179600[/snapback]

The only real flaws are the battery life and price. But you sacrifice both for form and function.

You all have way too much time on your hands. Your one sentence (or fragment) responses are so ignorant, why don't you just chat on AIM or something with your nonsense. And others who give full paragraphs but never really say anything with any amount of insight or relevence to others, your responses are a form of masturbation; it must be that you please yourself so much by leaving your meaningless rants about a subject you are obsessed with but don't know enough about to say something worth reading. Have fun with each other, I guess

You all have way too much time on your hands.  Your one sentence (or fragment) responses are so ignorant, why don't you just chat on AIM or something with your nonsense.  And others who give full paragraphs but never really say anything with any amount of insight or relevence to others, your responses are a form of masturbation; it must be that you please yourself so much by leaving your meaningless rants about a subject you are obsessed with but don't know enough about to say something worth reading.  Have fun with each other, I guess

585180411[/snapback]

I don't know, its kind of amusing to see them attempt to communicate :p

As for me, I like 'em all, and I'll admit that all of them have their drawbacks. Before this years marketing blitz, the iPod had already captured the market. Maybe, that's because they were selling one of the best products in that market. Many people seem to refuse to admit that. :rolleyes: The success of the iPod will help Creative and iRiver because the masses are actually buying mp3 players now. This also helps us because these companies now have a much larger incentive to make better products, especially considering they can't rely on marketing

Consider the Zen Micro. Creative is finally putting out a truly polished and sleek mp3 player, spurred on by the iPod mini.

As for me, I just ordered a Muvo2. I would have gladly bought an iPod, iRiver, Micro, etc, but i just couldn't afford it

Edited by N@t5

You all have way too much time on your hands.  Your one sentence (or fragment) responses are so ignorant, why don't you just chat on AIM or something with your nonsense.  And others who give full paragraphs but never really say anything with any amount of insight or relevence to others, your responses are a form of masturbation; it must be that you please yourself so much by leaving your meaningless rants about a subject you are obsessed with but don't know enough about to say something worth reading.  Have fun with each other, I guess

585180411[/snapback]

If you have nothing meaningful to add to the thread, please refrain from posting.

Leave us be because we are talking about the topic here. Go complain somewhere else. Thank you.

"The only real flaws are the battery life and price. But you sacrifice both for form and function."

But see it doesn't have function. Yes, it looks pretty but if you want something that looks nice for $250, get a hooker. Honestly -- Creative tops it in sound quality, feature list, compatibility with software, and storage space.

It also has it beat in battery life but that's another story...

If you have nothing meaningful to add to the thread, please refrain from posting.

Leave us be because we are talking about the topic here. Go complain somewhere else. Thank you.

585181148[/snapback]

Exactly. It's a topic about this sort of thing, to be quite honest - if you don't want to hear it, shut up and go away?

Good idea.

Bye.

You call me a fanboy, but it is rather evident you are anti-iPod.

The iPod is to the Rolls-Royce as the Creative is to the Porsche.

585179574[/snapback]

That doesnt make sense since Rolls-Royce is an exclusive car and very rare, meanwhile the ipod is like those freakin annoying honda civics running around everywhere ****ing everyone off. :)

That doesnt make sense since Rolls-Royce is an exclusive car and very rare, meanwhile the ipod is like those freakin annoying honda civics running around everywhere ****ing everyone off. :)

585183036[/snapback]

The iPod is exclusive. It is, as far as I know, the most expensive player on the market. It also regularly expriences shortages. If those aren't signs of exclusiveness, what is?

You're not getting the point. Its not exclusive since everyone on the planet has one. At least Rolls-Royce is more like "I want it but I cant get it" so whoever has it, feels like they have something special that no one else has. iPod is nothing special, its everywhere. Its like a gmail account now.

"The iPod is exclusive. It is, as far as I know, the most expensive player on the market."

You are, as far as I know, only looking at an Apple catalog while making that statement.

"The iPod is exclusive. It is, as far as I know, the most expensive player on the market."

You are, as far as I know, only looking at an Apple catalog while making that statement.

585183682[/snapback]

Find me the most expensive audio player on the market. :pc: Either put up, or shut up.

Winamp creator Justin Frankel says it best:

Q. Do you own a Ipod or a similar device? What do you think that other companies need to do to make a product of similar quality to the Ipod, but at a more accessible price?

I have an iPod, and I must say I do love the iPod (btw, the iPod Winamp plugin rules, too -- I can't stand iTunes, either).

It really does amaze me that nobody else has produced an mp3 player whose UI is even in the same league of decent as the iPod's -- don't get me wrong, the iPod's UI is nowhere near perfect and ****es me off now and then too --but everything else I've seen is just an order of magnitude worse. What gives?

It's NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE.

As far as price goes, I think once other people make mp3 players with at least decent user interfaces, prices will naturally go down. I'm sure Apple is making so much money on those at this point, because there's no decent alternative.

https://www.neowin.net/articles.php?action=more&id=89

"Posted by Tom Graham on 26 May 2004"

As crazy as it may seem -- lots can change in computer technology after 7 months.

Nice job. Anyway -- the most expensive player that I can think of off the top of my head is the Pogo Products 80 gig RipDrive (around $550).

Get over it, your precious iPod is a mediocre fashion accessory.

"It really does amaze me that nobody else has produced an mp3 player whose UI is even in the same league of decent as the iPod's"

Excuse me, Mr. Winamp dude... but the Creative Nomad Jukebox was the first mp3 player to use that kind of UI/menu. I'm not sure if it was the first... but it certainly came out years ahead of the iPod. :yes:

i just got my zen micro today and after playing with it i would have to say its pretty damn good. the only thing i dont like about it is the headphones that come with it. using my sennheiser pc150s with this player is absolutely awesome. the range and quality is top notch.

YOHAN show me proof of this nomad jukebox using the same kind of UI menu. My friend had a nomad and the only similarity between the iPod UI and the nomad was that they were both UI's. It was totally different, it used a system of icons, nothing similar except the fact that they are both UI's. I am stating fact here too as i used his Nomad when he got it. YOHAN, i have to ask, have u ever used an iPod, or even a nomad? It really doesnt sound like u know what u are talking about.

Dexter411, the iPod isnt a fasion article, actually last time i used mine, it played music and it was in my pocket. Now the lint in my pocket might find it fasionable but as far as everyone else around me is concerned, i have a white cord sticking out of my hat. U can do that too, just find some wire laying around the house and stick it in your hat on each side, if thats what fasion is calling for these days, im not really sure.