Games you've really had your money's worth from...

i got the orginal gameboy advance when i came out in summer 2001 and got tony hawk 2 with it and have played ever since, i think i have max out hte stats on every character three times

I for one don't think good physics make a game revolutionary. they help it to distinguish itself from the crowd, but hardly make it groundbreaking.

585176101[/snapback]

Well, it must've been difficult to code as well. So yeah, still amazing what you can do in the game, though not as flexible as I'd like it to be, it still instills an image of games to come. It was alot more realistic than many of the other titles around.

Well, it must've been difficult to code as well. So yeah, still amazing what you can do in the game, though not as flexible as I'd like it to be, it still instills an image of games to come. It was alot more realistic than many of the other titles around.

585176143[/snapback]

Jurassic Park: Trespasser was actually one of the first games to have an ultra realistic physics engine. The game didn't do well because the jungle graphics sucked (not much GFX power available at the time) and actually the realistic physics made the game frustrating, falling down more than you would like (but I am a horrible gamer...)

I have played Half Life 2 and the physics are not any better than the Jurassic Park game, which was made years earlier. So the technology isn't new, it has just been largely ignored.

Jurassic Park: Trespasser was actually one of the first games to have an ultra realistic physics engine.  The game didn't do well because the jungle graphics sucked (not much GFX power available at the time) and actually the realistic physics made the game frustrating, falling down more than you would like (but I am a horrible gamer...)

I have played Half Life 2 and the physics are not any better than the Jurassic Park game, which was made years earlier.  So the technology isn't new, it has just been largely ignored.

585176168[/snapback]

Ohh yeah that game... Fell short. What I like about Half Life 2 is that the Physics engine still keeps intact even during online play. Which I found quite amazing while playing Counter Strike Source. Shooting cans from one side of the map to the other. Like I said, it was the first to have it implemented nicely in the game. By no means am I saying that it MAKES the game. Im saying it compliments the game really well. And is revolutionary in its own sense.

Hm..

Tribes 2

Diablo II / LoD Expansion

Quake III

Half Life 2

Carmageddon

Battlefield 1942

Those are just off the top of my head. I only really buy games I really enjoy.. I don't buy ones that I lose interest in really quickly!

Half-Life 2 will be once some mods start to come out for it. I'm just waiting for sven co-op at least. Thats gonna rule.

Half-Life 1 I've been playing since its release in 1998 (its over 7 years since its release), so I would definitely say thats worth it.

Baldurs Gate 2 is the best computer RPG ever, and gave me several hundred hours of gameplay, not even including the expansion pack which brought quite a bit more, so theres a winner.

GTA 3 and Vice City I've been happy with. They're fairly short, but they make up for it with great gameplay, and HL1 and HL2 are also short if you're playing through them a second/third/fourth/etc time.

I'll add to this list any game that Bioware has produced. That includes Baldurs Gate 2 above, plus the original Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights with its expansions, Planescape Torment, and Knights of the Old Republic. Thats not all of course, just the ones I'd say are really great.

And while I'm at that, heres to Blizzard for so far never producing a bad game. All of their games deserve to be played too, such as Starcraft, Warcraft (the whole series, especially World of Warcraft), etc.

Games this year i would say had my moneys worth would be :- HL2 the fact that is runs on my comp was a shock but i just got involved with the game and i'm re-playing it :) also SW:KOTOR ( the first one ) i grabbed that earlier in the year and imo that is well worth the money, just waiting for the pc version on the 2nd one

Halo for pc

HL2

CS: S

HL: DM

Burnout 3

Splinter Cell: Pandora tomorrow

FF X

MGS: Sons of Liberty

Unreal Tournament

Far Cry

Prince of Persia

Pro Evolution Soccer 4

and not for getting the orginal Half Life and its mods, my fave being CS 1.6 sor far

Let me also put a +1 for KotOR, that game was so much fun.

I've gotten more than my money's worth from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. That game is ridiculously fun, and the playability is nearly infinite due to one of the strongest modding communities I've ever seen in any game, ever.

Yeah, I'm pretty effusive about it. Also, Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 all but guarantee me some fun.