Maxtor

I'll point out that all 5 Maxtor drives that I have ever bought (either for myself, or clients) has developed at least some kind of problem within 2 months of purchase (most within 2 weeks).

When the last one I bought died (within a few weeks of purchase) my wholesaler also admitted that Maxtor drives are junk and swapped it to a Western Digital for me.

585322838[/snapback]

I hear stories like this all the time, but my I've had my first 120 GB Maxtor for over a year, and my second 120 GB for about 4 months, and I've had no problems at all.

The family computer down stairs has a 20GB Maxtor and it has put in a stearling performance. In my computer I have a 200Gb WD which is quiet, although after a few months it start becoming a little louder. I also have an 80Gb Seagate. It's got liquid bearings and it's operation is silent. Only had that a few weeks though. So, all drives have operate flawlessly (*touches wood*).

I've had 3 Maxtor HDDs. Two are about 1.5 years old, the other is more than 3 years old. No problems whatsoever. They just operate louder than when they were brand new.