Ave(Aero)Shell Update

The installer will appear sometime around Beta 3. For now, it's the old unzip-to-the-samurize-folder routine. I'm deciding whether to make it use the Import-Export tool, for simplicity's sake.

The image on the first page of the thread is up for ME. Mighta been a hang-up with the webspace upgrade when it didn't show.

Thanks for the interest everyone. Sure gives me the motivation to keep going. :)

EDIT: Wait till Judge releases SysStats 2.5. We're talking POWER here, folks. AveDesk 1.2 and SysStats 2.5 will REALLY make the shell do what it's been built for -- and THEN you'll see some s**t you won't believe. :)

Oh, I just remembered what turned me off of all other shell replacements: have you found some way of replacing the system tray? I have a lot of programs that I don't actively use set to minimise to the system tray, and having to get them mixed with everything else in the taskbar drives me craazy with the clutter.

Yes, it comes with an annoying little bugger of a Systray. It does the job, but stays on top of all other windows. I haven't enabled it to launch when the shell does, so you'd have to launch it yourself. Same thing with the Task Module...it stays on top of everything. Both come with sourcecode, so if someone wanted to work on them and make them skinnable and configurable then have at it. But yes, those modules are present if needed. The only really stringent requirement is that they support .png and alpha blending and that the Z-Order can be set by the user.

it is cleaner i saw the DR relace and it looked kinda bulky and stuff also beta tester avalible here love testing betas for some reason meby be cuse u have it and most ppl u know dont :p

And it dosen't use anything unfamiliar. Just Samurize, AveDesk, and a few third-party apps to do stuff that I can't currently accomplish any other way (all freeware and/or open-source, I might add).

betaguy i cant access your site from china, last 3 days all i get is timeouts or not found.. i hope you dont release a beta until im back in australia wanna see what this is like.

It's working. :huh:

Strange that some of you aren't able to get it. Have you tried again recently? I know sometimes it can take up to an hour for things to register on the net. Maybe that's what you've run into.

I've uploaded a new build which addressed some bugs. It's running a bit faster and better now to boot.

Click the link in my sig to get it. :)

There's gotta be something wrong on your side dude. :-\

585210069[/snapback]

I already stated that is was my problem as you can see below

betaguy i cant access your site from china, last 3 days all i get is timeouts or not found.. i hope you dont release a beta until im back in australia wanna see what this is like.

585202990[/snapback]

this is not uncommong because smaller sites especially dont load well from here.

this doesnt solve my problem however.. I cant test this out!! can some1 use yousendit or something for me please? telling me its working for you isnt going to make it work here in china. IE and Firefox both cant access and telnet wouldnt work either. :(

AHHH!!, I downloaded the zip file, extracted, ran ShellON, restarted, and now I cant see my Windows desktop, start meny, nothing! It's just a blue screen. :(

What do I do? :( (I had to start IE from the "task manager")