Mac OS Desktops

If you would have bothered to look at the windows desktop thread, you'd have noticed the rules are EXACTLY the same as this thread, with the exception of the resolution size.

585201613[/snapback]

I did bother, why are the resolutions so limited? Almost nobody uses 800x600 anymore...

I did bother, why are the resolutions so limited? Almost nobody uses 800x600 anymore...

585210114[/snapback]

I use 1024x768. My browser screen won't fit 800x600 very well (especially with the extra borders and padding and whatnot that Neowin uses. 1024x768 is still widely used, especially on Macs because of 12" PowerBooks and iBooks.

I use 1024x768. My browser screen won't fit 800x600 very well (especially with the extra borders and padding and whatnot that Neowin uses. 1024x768 is still widely used, especially on Macs because of 12" PowerBooks and iBooks.

585210754[/snapback]

That's why I don't understand why the resolutions in this thread are limited to 800x600 when they're 1024x768 in the (Windows) Desktop thread.

@nspeds:

Is it true that you can only click directly on the text (App name, File, Edit, View etc.) and Apple logo when using a 100% transparant menubar? ---> So when you click right next to it, it won't open the menu? Just something I'd like to know because I've read something about those "problems" when using transparant menubars. :)

That's why I don't understand why the resolutions in this thread are limited to 800x600 when they're 1024x768 in the (Windows) Desktop thread.

@nspeds:

Is it true that you can only click directly on the text (App name, File, Edit, View etc.) and Apple logo when using a 100% transparant menubar? ---> So when you click right next to it, it won't open the menu? Just something I'd like to know because I've read something about those "problems" when using transparant menubars. :)

585211112[/snapback]

I rectified that flaw by making the menubars 90% transparent; the difference is not noticeable.

ND

how do you make them transparent?  :blush:

585212556[/snapback]

By making the menubar elements have 90% transparency in photoshop and then importing them with Themepark.....

Theme: Smoothstripes Mod (Regular/Bubble Buttons, with Plastic Buttons in Finder)

Wallpaper: iPod 4G By Me

Icons: WOA

flasht.jpg

Can't wait for teh Expo! :ninja:

585211112[/snapback]

Why so people argue with rules when they are clearly for their or someone elses benefit?

<snip>

Theme => MILK 2.5

Wallpaper => PARADIS by me

Icons => mixx icons

Software => Shapeshifter, konfabulator, Adium X 0.72 mod by me (personnal modd of icy bubbles)

Menu Bar => Konfabulator , Wclock, Synergy and Butler...

Music => Marilyn manson

This one is NOT work safe

Edited by Chad

http://djlyzombie.free.fr/dotclear/images/bureau22p.jpg

Theme => MILK 2.5

Wallpaper => PARADIS by me

Icons => mixx icons

Software => Shapeshifter, konfabulator, Adium X 0.72 mod by me (personnal modd of icy bubbles)

Menu Bar => Konfabulator , Wclock, Synergy and Butler...

Music => Marilyn manson

This one is NOT work safe

585244613[/snapback]

...Oh my. :laugh: