Is my computer good enough for longhorn 4074?

I might install it on vmware, because i don't wanna my MBR (I'm dual booting vector linux and windows xp)

here's my specs.

AMD Athlon XP 2000

512 MB PC2100 Ram

80 GB Hdd 8mb cache, 7200 rpm

32mb ****ty geforce 2 graphics card.

So, is this good enough for installing under vmware?

Building a new pc AMD 64 2800. 1 gig of ram.. I doubt i'll run into any new copy of longhorn legally! so I won't install it but for future sake how do you think my pc would run with longhorn?

Will it run on a:

Intel P4 1.6GHz

20GB Hard Drive

Radeon 9100

?

585216776[/snapback]

yeha

it tuns awesome on my celeron 500mhz with 128mb ram, peefectly stable and used as main os

i dunno why some ppl have crashing problems

yeha

it tuns awesome on my celeron 500mhz with 128mb ram, peefectly stable and used as main os

i dunno why some ppl have crashing problems

585216798[/snapback]

What build? 4074?

When people post 'is my puter good enough', well depends on what you want to use it for and what you want to achieve.

So tell us ! Can't just be amatter of using an ops system, has to be more.

i though longhorn wanted a dx9 card to be fully functional

585222107[/snapback]

Yes, and it will need to be 128MB minimum as well. The alpha doesn't require anything at all, but the final version will be slightly steep (in today's terms, not when it is released).

When people post 'is my puter good enough', well depends on what you want to use it for and what you want to achieve.

So tell us ! Can't just be amatter of using an ops system, has to be more.

585222128[/snapback]

For me, I would only be curious on if it'd even install and run. I wouldn't really use it for anything serious or normal or average like I usually use my computer for. It'd just to be to play around and toy with, to see what all the hype is about, and what it's like and has to offer and capable of.

For me, I would only be curious on if it'd even install and run. I wouldn't really use it for anything serious or normal or average like I usually use my computer for. It'd just to be to play around and toy with, to see what all the hype is about, and what it's like and has to offer and capable of.

585226323[/snapback]

double your ram and upgrade your GFX card should able to give you all the eye candies

i found that exploder in LH eats up so much ram, hopefully this will get fixed in betas (now that winfs is gone, which was the bottleneck in the alpha leaks)

Yes, and it will need to be 128MB minimum as well. The alpha doesn't require anything at all, but the final version will be slightly steep (in today's terms, not when it is released).

585222143[/snapback]

Well actually, from what I have read, it will be tiered up into different experiences to say. If you do not have a DX9 Card, then you will get a toned down version of what you would normally get. And if you hate all the eye candy that Longhorn comes with, then there will be a "Classic" mode for those users.

double your ram and upgrade your GFX card should able to give you all the eye candies

585226436[/snapback]

I think my memory is at its max unless I'd upgrade something else in my system. I can upgrade the videocard though, that's not too much of a problem.

Well actually, from what I have read, it will be tiered up into different experiences to say. If you do not have a DX9 Card, then you will get a toned down version of what you would normally get. And if you hate all the eye candy that Longhorn comes with, then there will be a "Classic" mode for those users.

585226479[/snapback]

]lets face it...were all gonna buy new v.cards and cpus to get the eye candy

i hope my specs can do it...at least when i upgrade hte card it better be

lets face it...were all gonna buy new v.cards and cpus to get the eye candy i hope my specs can do it...at least when i upgrade hte card it better be

585226559[/snapback]

Well, I don't really care very much for the eye candy. That's not an important factor to me. Things like performance and speed and reliability are, for example. I'm happy enough with the ported themes for XP.