[NCAA]Capital One Bowl

Left circle is called 'block in the back'

Right circle is called 'offensive holding'

You could probably find a holding penalty on every play if you broke it down enough.

If JaMarcus Russel starts that game it is no contest. I am so glad Marcus Randall is gone for good (never could throw worth a sh!t!!!).

yep i watched that replay after the throw. #29 for LSU had a legitamate chan ce of stopping the play but he was blatantly blocked in the back. That coverage was so blown they almost deserved to lose it on that play.

I also reviewed the play and it was obvious there was offensive holding. The guy was going to tackle him and what do you know? He gets shoved from behind. Oh well, LSU still lost.

do you have a clip somewhere? from that pic it doesn't look like either of those guys are really gonna make a play...he only had to run like 15 yds at that point, and he is already past the guy on the left.

he slowed down considerably to make the catch....the LSU guy on the left almost took the reciever off his feet, but he was shoved in the back

Oh well, whats done is done. The game really wasn't that great overall, both teams were a bit sloppy. And of course the 4th quarter was good, with the lead going back and forth like that. That defensive breakdown was oh-so-costly, obviously. I don't even care to look at who was supposed to cover him.

Re: comments on Saban, we're disappointed to see him go, but we got 2 SEC titles and a National Championship in his 5 years here, so its not like we were dissatisfied with his time here.

the game was on espn classic today, but i didn't get to see the ending. again, the depth is deceiving. anybody have a clip? either way, lsu lose :)

Not to take any sides on this.. but there was a LOT of holding in that game.. but it was on both sides. The Refs just let them go, as players sometimes you have to get a feel for how the game is being called and adjust to that. Just like in baseball.. Not every ump has the same strike zone. Granted, sometimes it really is all one sided.. but I don't think that was the case this time. Just my 2 cents.

I watched the Liberty Bowl on ESPN classic then the Capitol One Bowl came on - I couldn't bare to watch that again lol. If LSU would have won I would have watched it - although almost the entire game belonged to Iowa anyway.