When Longhorn comes out

When longhorn comes out will you build/buy a new computer just for longhorn?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. When longhorn comes out will you build/buy a new computer just for longhorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's longhorn
    • It's never coming out

I'll probably be building a new comp when 65nm dual cores are out. So its gonna be awhile for me. But xp is so fast on almost any average comp these days that unless I find a game that makes me play on my comp more it won't matter, heh.

Hmm I wont SPECIFICALLY upgrade for LongHorn.. Since it like another 2 years ish away our PC's would of upgraded and be capable anyway. Most of us on here have faily High spec machines anyway that we upgrade atleast every 6-12 months.

I was planing to upgrade my CPU/Mobo/Videocard in about 2/3 years so it will be intime for longhorn (or when I buy it that is) but it will not be JUST for longhorn.

Unless my PC explodes in the intervening time, I'll only upgrade once Longhorn comes out (or just before). Hopefully by that time, dual core Xeon CPUs will be out, widescreen LCDs will be cheap, fast and have no dead pixels and so on.

For the time being, I am more than happy with my current dual Xeon 1.8Ghz box.

I built my current PC with the aim of just scraping past the bottom specs for longhorn glass!! lol! (along with playing hl2 at my 1280 with everything maxed out, which i have already accomplished...)

amd64 3000+

1024 mb ddr

160 gb hdd

geforce 6600gt

tell me what you think!! sorry to hijack this thread, lol!