Rose Bowl

yep texas handed texas tech their asses during the season but cal can't beat tech? Yep the BCS got it right. Good season guys. Looking forward to the title game!! Go oklahoma! (rooting for the big12)

I'm not as into College as the NFL, thought I'm working on it so I'm not lost on draft day, but that was a heck of a game! I can't wait to see more of the Bowl games

I'm from Michigan and bet AGAINST the Wolverines. I always do in bowl games. They couldn't win a big game if their life depended on it. Never have been able to and never will be able to. Was a good game though. Almost wish Texas would've stomped the sh** out them though!

The Cal game was a fluke!! Texas Tech couldn't do that again in 10 tries!

Hope USC stomps Oklahoma!!

I'm from Michigan and bet AGAINST the Wolverines. I always do in bowl games. They couldn't win a big game if their life depended on it. Never have been able to and never will be able to. Was a good game though. Almost wish Texas would've stomped the sh** out them though!

585213769[/snapback]

Their the '97 national champs. So don't say never. :no: :p

Their the '97 national champs.? So don't say never.?&nbsp:no:o::p :p

585213778[/snapback]

My apologies. Once in a lifetime then!!

How many times have they been ranked in the top 5 at some point of the season, only to blow that in the big game against Ohio State or whatever bowl game they get to?

yep texas handed texas tech their asses during the season but cal can't beat tech? Yep the BCS got it right. Good season guys. Looking forward to the title game!! Go oklahoma! (rooting for the big12)

585213556[/snapback]

The Rose Bowl was an awesome game, very exciting. Texas definately isn't "overrated." Of course I'm going to root for OU in the Orange Bowl, but it should be a good game.

My apologies. Once in a lifetime then!!

How many times have they been ranked in the top 5 at some point of the season, only to blow that in the big game against Ohio State or whatever bowl game they get to?

585213812[/snapback]

Ohio State feels the same way dude. Whoever has the most to lose in that game always loses. Well not always. We won the National Title in 2002.

585213769[/snapback]

dude you must not watch too many games. 11 national championships, 18 bowl victories, and a ton of big 10 championships. and when we went 10-2-1 against OSU from 88 to 2000, that was nothing either. whatever, go on being a hater, but we have the most wins, the highest winning percentage, and the longest consecutive bowl game streak. winning is what we do, and with a frosh at qb and tb, get used to more of it.

heartbreaking game though, i could barely stand at the end i was so nervous. disappointing loss, but keep in mind we had 3 big games this year, and lost all 3 of them. with true freshman in our key positions, i'd say that's pretty damn good. michigan will be preseason top 3 next year.

Being as Sooner, I love to hate Texas, but all of that aside, they were MUCH more deserving of the spot than anyone else. Texas had an incredible team again this year, but as the Big 12 always works, teams get left out because they aren't quite as good. I AM glad to see they won their game. Great job. As always, unless you are playing us, I always cheer for the Big 12 team, even Texas :p. I was disappointed to see A&M lose. I really thought they might be able to pull that out but I guess the 12th man just wasn't strong enough today. Glad to see the rest of the Big 12 doing so well, and I can't wait until the big game. As ESPN.com says, this may be the best title game ever, although I'd like to think we'll make it look otherwise :D

Edit: Oh yeah, and I had a great time living in the athletic dorms at OU last semester and meeting all the guys, but I must say, I am glad I will be out of the dorms this semester :cool:

i'm not ;)

honestly, many people are saying we'll preseason #1. i would definitely not want that. i'd be happy with top 7. i just hope henne/hart took those 3 big losses to heart, and never want to feel that way again.

What a great game. Obviously, being a Gator fan, I have nothing to be happy for, but watching the performance Vince Young put on Michigan was absolutely awesome.

Hopefully, OU will actually show up to the game on Tuesday night and not pull a houdini act like last year.

Worst tackling I have seen all year.

585214540[/snapback]

Heh, I can show you 2-3 Gator games this year that would put the Michigan tackling problems to shame. Not only tackling, but in the Miami game alone the Gators had 3 interceptions in their hands, but dropped the ball. Michigan has a very good defense, especially their DBs and LBs. I think it was more of the effort of Texas and Young than anything.

i dunno what was wrong with michigan's defense, it was like this all year. we were supposed to have one of the best d's in all of college, we have some of the best athletes, i just don't know why we weren't able to perform up to par. i know that this year, we switched to a 3-4, and stuck with it all year, but it looked like we went back to a 4-3 this game for the most part, to stop benson.

we pretty much shut benson down, but to the point where we didn't have a spy on the qb. i think coaching is responsible for a lot of it too...

Not a bad game to watch. I was rooting Go Blue the entire time! My entire family is from Detroit ;) and of courrse there's the other reason.....Fighten Texas Aggie Class of Double Ought!

At least your game was a hell alot better to watch than ours :(

There's always next year ;)