Orbs in Sky (Images-Watch out slow connections)

no?

The one thing I always wondered about video of this type of thing with "orbs" still cameras get them a lot, but video cameras get them a lot less frequently.. the wierd thing about video though, their motion isn't static, it's a lot more eratic, they seem to change paths a lot and move. So what it is, who knows, it could be dust moisture magnetic changes in a room, who knows what.

585219848[/snapback]

They're most likely changing path a lot when you take pictures with a camera, but the image is static so you can't really notice it.

Another thing to note, depending on the shape of the dust particle light could refract differently. The dust may move only a few mm, but on the camera the light refracted looks like it moves really fast and really far.

Imagine a perfectly spherical peice of dust, and only one point on that dust is refracting light. As the dust spins, the light refracted looks like it's moving extremely fast and far, even if the dust is not moving at all. This is because the light refracted bounces back at angles and so it appears the "orb" is moving, when it's only the light refracting off a spinning peice of dust.

Also, one peice of dust may be able to cause more than one orb, and different sized/brightness orbs, depending on the particle and how light hits it and refracts from it.

Also, toss some flower (cooking substance) in the air outside and watch the patterns it moves in, some move against each other, some move away from each other, some with each other. It's a chaotic world. Also, take pictures (with flash) of the flower at night. See if it turns back any interesting results.

the motion blur on the orbs in the picture of david are great examples, the particulate in the air was fairly close to the camera when you took the shot and you took it without a tripod or managed to move the camera on the tripod when you took the picture. you can experiment with intentionally moving the camera when your taking pictures to exagerate the motion of the orbs even more without bluring the subject of your photo, you can also experiment with adding color screens to your flash to get cool colored orbs ;)

585219858[/snapback]

Still all based off shutter speed. If you had instant shutter speed you could spin the camera as fast as you want and it would take a clear picture, which would be totally cool. :)

thank you, for your great recomendation. i was posting to see what peoples general opinion on these strange artifacts in digital images was. I received that information, i was sick of the crap on all the "ghost hunter" web pages. cause i do not belive that . thanks for the responses everyone.

Edited by Reload

Wouldn't they have to be farley large dust particles to be picked up that big? explain to me if im wrong.

585219748[/snapback]

You are not picking the real size, you are picking the dust particles reflecting the flash light.

I think those are just stars that are being distorted by the camera lens

585219695[/snapback]

yep yep :yes: i had the same on my camera and took it to a photo place and they told me it was other things like the moon and stars being severely distorted by your camera, they also sed that the camera was crap

yep yep  :yes: i had the same on my camera and took it to a photo place and they told me it was other things like the moon and stars being severely distorted by your camera, they also sed that the camera was crap

585220838[/snapback]

I've seen them on indoor shots also. Both my old 2.0 megpixel and my 6.1 megpixel get orbs occasionally, so I don't think its camera quality.

I am setting up a bit of an experiment to test this... So if you guys are right and the dust spots are causing these orbs. then if i set my camera up on a tripod and take a picture with a flash in a dark room ( dusty room, made dustier with flurrys of dust from vacum)? it would achieve the same results , but even at a higher occourance of dust particles?

this is a good link about this orbs I suppose it is just relections of dust particles in the air, kind of strange when they appear in areas that are snow covered and such though? it does not seem like many particles would be in the air in areas like that.

Clean off your lens buddy. I've seen more credible "orbs" images, with the orbs varying in size and color.

Heh, someone wrote "Ciao David" at the base of statue. Some people get kicks out of the stupidest s*it.

Thread moved...

585221770[/snapback]

You've got to be lahrding kiding me. :p This isn't an unexplained phenomenon. :laugh: He needs to clean his lenses! :rolleyes:

Freeeeeeaky....I Watch Alot of Ghost Programs and some of these programs mention that it could be ghosts but sometimes unsure...but the conditions at the time make it weirder :huh: :wacko:

lens is clean, you don't understand Trunten. There is only two possibilties. 1. Refracted light of dust particles. 2. Paranormal energies. The lens is not dirty, was not dirty, and never will be dirty. This is shown by the picture on the card preceeding this picture and the one following, do not follow by having the same "orbs" in them.

lens is clean. Refracted light of dust particles. The lens is not dirty, was not dirty, and never will be dirty.

585227635[/snapback]

Than in that case it's refracted light off of dust particles. You're still going to need other special equipment to see "paranormal energies" as all ready explained earlier.

I've had the same 'effect' with small insects close to the camera - the dreaded Scottish midge, sometimes ye have to suffer for the picture, and sometimes ye gotta suffer other peoples pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

its just light reflections off dust particles, ive got a load of pictures like that, its well annoying actually, have to spend ages photshop-ing them out.

noob.

that happens when your camera has aperture open to its widest setting. (usually by default for your point-and-shoot camera) and you point it at bright lights. for the first one, those would be stars you are looking at.

cant believe no one knows this on here.