Jay Leno To Auction off a Harley Davison

I was watching The Tonight Show With Jay Leno tonight and he said he talked to some of his friends at Harley Davison and they gave him a Harley Davison Motorcycle to auction off. He signed it and the guests he will have on will sign it and then he will auction it off. He did they same thing after 9/11 he auctioned off a Harley on ebay to help raise money for the families.

Hopefully they can get a good amount of money for it :)

Aaron

The Jay man may not be that funny, but hes got a heart. Good for Jay (Y).

Try not to take Jay too seriously, its not uncommon for comedians to make jokes of that nature. Even minority comedians do it, its not racism.

Celebrity auctions are a great way to raise money for good causes. It's a win-win situation. The winner gets a rare item, the cause gets much needed money, and the celebrities get good publicity.

If a white person makes jokes about minorities, they get a laugh from it, but when an asian person jokes alot about white people, there are backslashes.

Well, look at chris rock.

But when jokes are used to point out racial stereotypes that happen everyday, is it considered funny?

If a white person makes jokes about minorities, they get a laugh from it, but when an asian person jokes alot about white people, there are backslashes.

But when jokes are used to point out racial stereotypes that happen everyday, is it considered funny?

585240571[/snapback]

Yeah... they're usually funny because they're true. Look at Chris Rock's "niggas vs black people" skit

585240571[/snapback]

If a white person makes jokes about minorities they get a laugh from it? When has this happened? I've never seen this... It's the other way around, minorities making jokes about white people.

Few Years ago, a chinese student was killed by his next door neighbor with the words " go back to china you chink" which was sprewed across the family's van.

Then Sara Silverman ( i hate that b*tch ) make a joke about how she loved chinks..which is a racist word as to calling a black person the word ######.

Yep. I never seen an asian comedian make jokes about whites, blacks....etc because they would fear backlash, but hey, we got ghettopoly for that.

Heard redneck version is coming out soon.

Yeah... they're usually funny because they're true. Look at Chris Rock's "niggas vs black people" skit

So Racist jokes are funny to you? Well, looking at your avatar, im not suprised.

Also, he was joking about his own people to his own people in the audience. But having a white comedian joking about asians to a nonasian crowd is different.

So Racist jokes are funny to you? Well, looking at your avatar, im not suprised.

Also, he was joking about his own people to his own people in the audience. But having a white comedian joking about asians to a nonasian crowd is different.

585245683[/snapback]

So because chris rock is joking about blacks to a primarily black audience, only the blacks can laugh? what a load of crap.

and what does my avatar have anything to do with it. Oh yeah... I guess by my avatar saying "God Bless America," it automatically means i'm a bigoted racist. Way to be an intolerant, generalizing, foreign, liberal. God forbid someone is a tad patriotic. :rolleyes:

Yep. I never seen an asian comedian make jokes about whites, blacks....etc because they would fear backlash, but hey, we got ghettopoly for that.

Heard redneck version is coming out soon.

585245673[/snapback]

You ever watch a little show called "Last Comic Standing"? The guy who won in the first season was asian, and guess what some of material dealt with. He made jokes about asians sure, but he also made some jokes comparing whites and asians. Did anybody start b*tching and foaming at the mouth with rage? Nah, 'cause its a f*cking joke. Deal with it. Don't like it? Don't watch. Don't laugh. Don't complain.

You ever watch a little show called "Last Comic Standing"? The guy who won in the first season was asian, and guess what some of material dealt with. He made jokes about asians sure, but he also made some jokes comparing whites and asians. Did anybody start b*tching and foaming at the mouth with rage? Nah, 'cause its a f*cking joke. Deal with it. Don't like it? Don't watch. Don't laugh. Don't complain.

585245889[/snapback]

:yes: :yes: :yes: (Y)(Y)(Y)

There are so many comedians who do that. Chris Rock makes fun of everyone, black, white, asian, spanish, etc.... as do probally every single comedian in the world. That crap is funny... that's why they use it as their matieral.

585245889[/snapback]

Its a joke yes, but when you make jokes about stereotypical stuff like...

Blacks have low IQs...

Hispanics are low skilled in everything..

Whites are fat, ignorant, lazy...

Would you find these funny? I mean, its stereotypes and you did say its for laughs..

What if i said these jokes to an all asian audience in asia? Would you get offended?

Its a joke yes, but when you make jokes about stereotypical stuff like...

Blacks have low IQs...

Hispanics are low skilled in everything..

Whites are fat, ignorant, lazy...

Would you find these funny? I mean, its stereotypes and you did say its for laughs..

What if i said these jokes to an all asian audience in asia? Would you get offended?

585250183[/snapback]

F*ck no.

1. Its a joke.

2. Its a joke based on a stereotype.

Stereotypes = Not necessarily true. Why would I get offended about something thats not true? If you choose to believe them and take them to offense...good luck buddy.

Yes, there is some truth to every stereotype. There is also a stereotype for every possible group. Be it race, religion, heigth, weight, hair color, gender, etc. You can't afford to take it personally, everyone fits into stereotypes for everything. I emphasize that there is SOME truth. Just because on occasion you'll meet someone that fits the stereotype doesn't make it always true, now does it? So why would I take offense to someone making a false assumption? And again, these are jokes coming from comedians. You think the comedians really believe what they're saying or portraying? Jeff Foxworthy makes tons-o-red neck jokes. And hes white, does it mean he really believes every white southerner is a red-neck? No, its comedy. Don't wet yourself over senseless bull s*it.

come on who doesn't make "rasicts" jokes? listen everyone is going to make them and if your offend by them then don't listen to them then after that.

for instance this rasict stuff your saying about i think is just a load of bollocks. we do the same but for countrys like the UK, USA, Aus, France. same with man and female! Microsoft, Apple. it's no differance i think.

i went to a jethro live stand up show he was great bit rasict, and people who didn't like it just left. they didn't like it so they left.

i think people who are offended more cause more trouble, when people offend me i just ignore it cause i don't care. most of the times i'd even join in at taking the **** at myself

Omid Djalili is a comedian born in england but iranian he makes jokes about lots of things but i don't get offended at all.

if you take life serious and also comedy then don't try and ruin it for the other people ok?

jokes and comedy are never to be taken serious. one of the main reasons i love it, you can just enjoy yourself and releax abit.

now what was the subject again?

Harley Davison and Jay Leno.

So as it's a repeat kind of episode does it make it any less?

If that is all Jay Leno can do then it's kind of sad but it's something, I'd prefer for him to put his hand in his pocket, and then shut the F up.

How did this get into a racial debate? This was about Leno auctioning off a bike from Harley. Can't we just stay on topic here?

How did this get into a racial debate?  This was about Leno auctioning off a bike from Harley.  Can't we just stay on topic here?

585255921[/snapback]

Im suprised after all these stereotypical jokes he made towards asians, hes willing to do this.