Favorite sports team?

Originally posted by hareball82

NOT the stupid Lakers

yeah agree

New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavs :D

Originally posted by CohenT

bulls, bears, cubs!

Gotta love those Chi-townians. Only thing bad about them is that 75% of them immediately jumped off the Bulls Bandwagon when Jordan left. Some of the people here aren't too supportive of their sports teams.

Liverpool FC!

Limp Bizkit, what was the score last time we played? :D

Competition: No. times winner (UK record)

League Champions: 18 (record)

European Cup Winners: 4 (record)

UEFA Cup Winners: 3 (record?)

FA Cup Winners: 6

League Cup Winners: 6 (record)

Charity Shield Winners: 14 (record?)

European Super Cup Winners: 2 (record?)

+ many more minor trophys like youth FA cup, 16 times Reserve League champs, 3 times Carlesberg Cup winners

Originally posted by Quboid

Liverpool FC!

Limp Bizkit, what was the score last time we played? :D

Thank you!! It has taken me this long to get over that scoreline:D

My fav. team has to be the Chicago White Sox...as you can see by my sig. :D Its funny to see how many fair weather fans there are out there. And just remember that Cubs suck....badly.

Booya!

-Andrew

I'm so tired of coming here and seeing these sports threads. This is a tech forum. If you want to talk about sports there are forums out there for that. All these threads turn into flame fests eventually.

Someone should lock this thread.

I've seen it happen before. The sports people come around and start talking about hockey . . . the next thing you know it's football and baseball.

-TR

Originally posted by TimeRider

I'm so tired of coming here and seeing these sports threads. This is a tech forum. If you want to talk about sports there are forums out there for that. All these threads turn into flame fests eventually.

Someone should lock this thread.

I've seen it happen before. The sports people come around and start talking about hockey . . . the next thing you know it's football and baseball.

-TR

Not only are there no flames here, no one asked you if you like these threads or not. The subject of the thread should have been a clue to you that it was about sports, why go any farther if you don't like it? A lot of your more recent posts sound just like this one, asking to close threads. Why do you bother?

For the record, my favorite team is the often-overlooked Montreal Expos. Sure, it's probably their last season, but the team has so many terrific players and they're still fun to watch.

Originally posted by silly_walk

Not only are there no flames here, no one asked you if you like these threads or not. The subject of the thread should have been a clue to you that it was about sports, why go any farther if you don't like it? A lot of your more recent posts sound just like this one, asking to close threads. Why do you bother?

It's a Joke.

Actually, I don't ask for threads to be closed very often. So, you really don't know what your talking about.

However, I find it interesting that when a post like mine here, is placed in a thread about theology or politics . . . that's OK . . . but when it's in a sports thread someone comes back and says the very same thing that the whiners are told in the political threads. That . . . I find humorous.

Sorry silly_walk . . . you fell victim to a "mind-f**k." I don't care what anyone posts . . . this is a General Forum and I believe it should be open to any type of discussion. I do want to thank you for proving a point for me though!

-TR

;)

P.S. The sports threads do quite often turn into flame gardens.

i think its obvious the brisbane broncos been fans of them since i was bout 3 and they were just starting up only NRL team that is still undefeated hehe go broncos

Originally posted by TimeRider

It's a Joke.

Sorry silly_walk . . . you fell victim to a "mind-f**k." I don't care what anyone posts . . . this is a General Forum and I believe it should be open to any type of discussion. I do want to thank you for proving a point for me though!

-TR

;)

P.S. The sports threads do quite often turn into flame gardens.

Whatever turns your crank.

Soccer: Gremio FBPA (Brazil) and Borussia Dortmund (Germany)

And I don't really like soccer that much... so, the rest is... the rest.

PS: Even not liking soccer that much, Gremio still rocks! :p

TimeRider, if that was just a joke, it just makes people more likely to call you a troll!

My favorite sports team is the Jordan F1 team, they have a great attitude, and a lot of fun. Damon Hill seemed to really enjoy himself with them after races.

What makes me laff about football (REAL FOOTBALL, not 'american football'), is when people say 'did you see it when we last played'. The word 'we'. Makes me laff, its like die hard supporters think they are a member of the team. Hmmm.

Also people who support a team for no reason other than they live in that city/town. That strikes me as odd.

I like Jordans attitude to racing, I dont happen to live near their HQ, or know one of them. I just think they are pretty cool.

What reasons do you all support your teams for? I'm curious now my mind has started ticking over :p

The Cincinnati Reds are my fave baseball team Johnny Bench was my all-time fave player and I got to see him go into the Hall in 1989. VERY COOL

:D:D:D:D:D

anita