MS AntiSpyware vs Ad-Aware vs SpyBot

Microsoft AntiSpyware offers plenty of features which is sure to turn some heads. Not only does it scan for spyware/adware, it can also offer real-time protection which prevents spyware from being installed in the first place. Though Microsoft?s new toy offers really nice feature as we are about to explore, how well does it match up against the already known spyware removal champs; Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D? Let us find out.

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=21493

I'm using Microsoft AntiSpyware and find it much better than any other Anti Spyware/Adware application...

It has found more 3 infected files than Ad-Aware SE Pro 1.05 and just made my day :happy:

there test ran all the most known bits of spyware; not the tiny bits that come with all sorts of crap. ad-aware + spybot go for them... especially spybot

That's a good read, but only confirms what I have read before.. that you need more then one adware/spyware removing tool. However, if you only ran one it looks like MS's anti-spyware is the one to use. Thanks for the info LFC

I have SpywareBlaster but I thought I would give Microsoft Antispyware a try...

Did a complete scan and it didn't find anything. So I guess I don't need Microsoft Antispyware. :D

don't people get it? all the hard work and amazing results that the ms antispyware gets is because of GIANT's work and not ms,

ppl are only realizing the products greatness because of the news that "MICROSFOT has a antispyware program"

many are only saying that ms product is better than the competition (which it is) "even tho it's still in beta" - that's amazingly stupid because GIANT did all the work, you can't say ms has done a great job on the product because they haven't done any work yet, that is all to come... you can't say anything good or bad on the product under ms name, only under GIANT's. The only negative about the product is the memory footprint. To me, i've never needed spybot for a while but the ad-aware and giant have always been good programs to remove spyware and adware.

if gaint was so great, why didn't everyone post about it before MS released it??? All you ever heard was ad-aware and spybot... the only reason you guys whine about it now is because you can now free download it because of MS, and now you act like gaint was the greatest thing ever.... please don't do the fake outrage thing, its LAME

if gaint was so great, why didn't everyone post about it before MS released it???  All you ever heard was ad-aware and spybot...  the only reason you guys whine about it now is because you can now free download it because of MS, and now you act like gaint was the greatest thing ever.... please don't do the fake outrage thing, its LAME

585256551[/snapback]

giant WAS posted on neowin, just cuz u didn't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't mentioned, it was better in detection than both ad-aware and spybot but it had the biggest memory footprint and size