• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

What do you drive?

tsupersonic    1,758
4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Did you get rid of it?

I switched from a 2015 to 2019. 

Yep, I sold it. I got it for a hell of a deal when it was brand new, and sold it for a good amount. Anyways, how do you like the 2019 compared to the 2015? The new features / more power seem like a nice upgrade! 

sc302    1,687

What I like about the 2019 is that it has the rpm matching 6 speed.  What I liked about the 18, is that it was 3k cheaper after discounts....39k from 45.5k sticker.  What I don't like about the 2018-2019 is the mt82 6 speed transmission and aluminum shift forks, and the bbq tick that seems to occur after the first oil change.

adrynalyne    11,269
1 minute ago, tsupersonic said:

Yep, I sold it. I got it for a hell of a deal when it was brand new, and sold it for a good amount. Anyways, how do you like the 2019 compared to the 2015? The new features / more power seem like a nice upgrade! 

Oh it’s great! Ford tweaked the exhaust note and volume, even with the non-active exhaust. Kinda wished I got that and the performance pack 1, but I was impatient and the dealer had only automatics with it so I ended up getting an Oxford white manual on 20s. Popped in a steeda clutch assist and perch upgrade the first week and it’s been awesome. I still like the 2015-2017 front end better. It’s nice having LED all around though. Not as fast as the automatic, but the smiles per mile are far greater. Dropped in a 10” JL audio sub for the anemic stereo. I’m planning on slowly adding in the performance pack parts after the fact. 

sc302    1,687
2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Oh it’s great! Ford tweaked the exhaust note and volume, even with the non-active exhaust. Kinda wished I got that and the performance pack 1, but I was impatient and the dealer had only automatics with it so I ended up getting an Oxford white manual on 20s. Popped in a steeda clutch assist and perch upgrade the first week and it’s been awesome. I still like the 2015-2017 front end better. It’s nice having LED all around though. Not as fast as the automatic, but the smiles per mile are far greater. Dropped in a 10” JL audio sub for the anemic stereo. I’m planning on slowly adding in the performance pack parts after the fact. 

frpp makes a pretty sweet suspension upgrade that is better than the pp1....I might upgrade to that.  

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

• Like 1

adrynalyne    11,269
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sc302 said:

What I like about the 2019 is that it has the rpm matching 6 speed.  What I liked about the 18, is that it was 3k cheaper after discounts....39k from 45.5k sticker.  What I don't like about the 2018-2019 is the mt82 6 speed transmission and aluminum shift forks, and the bbq tick that seems to occur after the first oil change.

Yeah those shift forks...there is a TSB out for them so they know it’s an issue at least. Also I think they put in fixed ones in the late 2018 and 2019s. I’ve heard all sorts of stories such as it was just a bad batch of forks in the MT82s. Who knows. 

adrynalyne    11,269
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, sc302 said:

frpp makes a pretty sweet suspension upgrade that is better than the pp1....I might upgrade to that.  

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

Yeah that’s the one I was looking at 👍  but also wanted the Brembos. I figured that and a Torsen with 3.73 gears would top it off. 

sc302    1,687
25 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Yeah that’s the one I was looking at 👍  but also wanted the Brembos. I figured that and a Torsen with 3.73 gears would top it off. 

Brembos are nice but there are just as nice/nicer out there.  3.73s nice too if you plan on boost, otherwise 4.10s are a better option.  

• Like 1

Gerowen    1,206

Just thought I'd update, I'm still driving my old 1999 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9L V-6.  Approaching 240,000 miles.  I mostly use it for occasionally commuting to work and hauling stuff any more.  If I need a load of gravel, an appliance hauled, etc., that's what it does.  I used it the other day to haul a bunch of stuff for my brother to build a gate across his driveway.

My wife's car is a 2006 Ford Taurus, but we're shopping around for a replacement because even though it's a newer car with lower mileage, it has turned into a money and rust pit compared to the ol' Dodge.

• Like 1

spacelordmaster    63
Posted (edited)

So what kind of vehicle do you currently drive and why? Do you like it? 

I recently bought a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES. Standard transmission. Here’s my take on it:

PROS:

Excellent, super cheap price tag compared to other vehicles in its class.

Super excellent gas mileage.

Nice, loud radio with big HD colorful touch screen and Bluetooth.

Backup camera

Power windows 

Power locks

ABS Breaks

Big trunk space

5 cup holders. 3 in front, two in back.

Comfortable seats, not the best, but not the worst either

Nice leg room

$20 fills the tank. Lasts 2 weeks (my case)

Great warranty: 10 years or 100,000 miles

Very cute, good looking design. Pretty colors.

CONS:

3 cylinder, 75hp, slow, noisy engine.

0-60 in 10 mins (just kidding)

Small 14” tires that don’t seem to go with its big body

Feels a bit weird at 60mph or higher. Maybe due to the very small tires.

I bought it because I just can’t spend too much on a vehicle right now. Rather have that than a Ford. Overall the car is not bad. It’s a great car to get you to work and back, pick the kids up from school, go grocery shopping or just ride around town or the city (Daytona Beach in my case)

If I was to get on I-4 to go to Orlando or another state or big city, I would definitely rent a bigger vehicle as I just don’t feel too safe driving that thing on

I-4. It feels like a street legal golf cart...LOL

Other than that, if you are looking for a cheap, good looking ride to get you to and back from work or school or to get you around your city, and if you don’t care for speed or bells and whistles, then it’s a fine car.

D46C1B66-3885-4A21-939F-7EB906A72EE7.jpeg

030EAF8F-7121-4EA4-B788-6087DA82AEBD.jpeg

Edited by spacelordmaster
Correct grammar

mrk    210

It's been 4.5 years and I still have the E46 M3 manual!

It's been a costly experience, but I knew this might be the case as it's a 14 year old M car that originally cost some £50,000 and still costs in maintenance with that of a 59k performance car of the time.

I do share the driving experience with friends anf family though as much I can. Non car people especially as seeing their faces is priceless. Everyone enjoys the modern classics :)

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/utfhSI5

And most recent video of my friend's 7yr old son:

https://youtu.be/H9y8asHxkfw

• Like 1

medium_pimpin    202

2019 Civic Type-R.  Got it back in January, and it's a blast to drive.

• Like 1

tsupersonic    1,758
51 minutes ago, mrk said:

It's been 4.5 years and I still have the E46 M3 manual!

It's been a costly experience, but I knew this might be the case as it's a 14 year old M car that originally cost some £50,000 and still costs in maintenance with that of a 59k performance car of the time.

I do share the driving experience with friends anf family though as much I can. Non car people especially as seeing their faces is priceless. Everyone enjoys the modern classics :)

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/utfhSI5

And most recent video of my friend's 7yr old son:

https://youtu.be/H9y8asHxkfw

Very nice, that is one clean M3! I know the E30/36 get lots of love, but I just love the looks of the E46, and is my favorite gen. of M3. 

cork1958    1,606
Posted (edited)
On 11/18/2012 at 7:14 AM, cork1958 said:

Stupid site won't let me fix above post, so going to post a new reply.

1966 Plymouth Satellite

post-17953-0-57657100-1353240851.jpg

Yep, nice weather and still driving her!!

1966 Plymouth Satellite, 361ci, 4bbl

2003 Ford Ranger in pic is wife's and she's still going strong also.

• Like 1

mrk    210
12 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Very nice, that is one clean M3! I know the E30/36 get lots of love, but I just love the looks of the E46, and is my favorite gen. of M3. 

Having seen E30 M3 prices, I can see why they get a lot of love! Many E46s are rotting away these days so maybe in a few more years mine will be one of the last few remaining on UK roads!

Jim K    12,673
37 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Yep, nice weather and still driving her!!

1966 Plymouth Satellite, 361ci, 4bbl

2003 Ford Ranger in pic is wife's and she's still going strong also.

Nice!

• Like 1

firey    3,879

I've got a 2017 F150 Super Crew.  Living in Edmonton, having a pickup is the way to go.  My girlfriend has a jetta that I drive to work (downtown), and it feels so tiny.

+DoctorD    178

Just got rid of this monster nightmare new repair weekly no more, picked up a Lincoln mkz

c300.jpg

Zagadka    4,005

I drive a 2001 Chevy Malibu in super stylish mustard brown. It is pretty much a generic sedan. I'd prefer something smaller, but it is what I have. Cost me all of $3000 a decade ago. Works fine, A/C is decent, meets my needs. I don't drive enough (or have enough money) to justify upgrading.

I'll probably drive it until it dies, as I did my previous car (1984 Mercedes 190e, which I loved, perfect size, got that in '96), but I think it'll last a while. I have had no problems with it so far. It isn't cheaply made or anything, so I appreciate that much.