Your First Car

• 4 weeks later...

2002 Toyota Corolla LE

Still driving it, approaching 90k miles.

Issues:

1) Car feels like its about to fall apart into individual pieces at speeds greater than 80 (yes I should not be going that fast... noted)

2) Rear windows don't roll back up if rolled down. $600 per door for repairs (ouch... no)

3) No backlight on the airconditioning panel (luckily I have all the knobs and settings memorized so I don't really look at it)

4) Part of the dashboard lighting is fading away. $XYZ to get it fixed with a $8 bulb with labor costing the most (again, ouch... no)

Other than that its fabulous and I still get approximately 30 mpg.

Got a great little car for $900 via Craigslist just this summer! The guy even put new speakers and a nice Sony radio in it.

1994 Ford Tempo

94tempo.jpg

(not my exact car, just found a pic off google. My interior isn't ugly maroon, thankfully!)

Had 99k, but since I bought it, it's at 104k. It gets kind of scary driving at 65mph, but it runs perfectly fine :D

My first car was a real heap of crap. 1981 Camaro Berlinetta, 229 V6. $800. Hard to start and just as hard to keep it running.

If I had been looking at the car instead of staring at the owner's ###### and ass, I never would have bought the damn thing, but when you're 17, your brain doesn't work right.

Ran it out of oil outside St. Louis during rush hour. Shattered the block real good. Shot a mangled pushrod through the oil pan. Real messy.

• 1 month later...

1988 Nissan maximum, thing look like a real bucket, but had all these luxuries. it had a moon roof, power windows, 8 way power adjustable seats, tinted windows..etc. i think i miss my bucket.

• 3 weeks later...

First ever driven was a Ford Tempo that my mother had.

First car I owned was a 1979 Chevy Camaro that I fully restored. All new interior, built engine, transmission, stripped to bare metal and repainted, etc.. Was a great car when I was 18 and in college. I later gave it back when I was about 25 to my father whom had given to me pre restoration when I turned 18. Wish I had some pictures of it still, I had a couple physical pictures that I've lost over the years. Nothing digital.

My first car was a 1996 White Mitsubishi Mirage 4 Door.

Currently driving a 2005 Silver Honda Accord and a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R.

• 1 month later...

My first car? -giant grin- A 1974 Dodge Dart Sport (this isn't the actual car, just one like it):

0806phr_06_z+1974_dodge_dart_sport+.jpg

It was burgundy with the white hard top. Two doors, V8 engine... I hated it, though, at first--I went to school with a lot of rich kids who had nice new cars. Then I realized all the guys thought it was cool, so then I was okay with it. :laugh: I could go on for ages about all the problems it had... but it also had "character"!

Currently in a black 2009 Ford Focus SES Coupé and loving it. (I also have a 2006 Suzuki s40 Boulevard... but that's another thread, isn't it? ;))

Here is my first car which I bought yesterday. lol

Passat VR5

Just bought this the other day, can't wait until I go home after this term at Uni to drive it smile.gif

<snip>

Mine was 1986 Dodge Aeries K hand down from my sister....which pretty much fell apart driving it big holes in floor board under carpet couldn't lock the doors because the locks would come all the way out of the doors, passenger side door people had to hold it shut because it stopped latching radiator leak oil leak no trunk key cos she lost it...not a pic of it but same color just not as nice. pre existing front end damage, engine hood latch jacked up and even that was off center hood wouldn't close right. let me just say the car was a BIG s*** box

no i don't have it anymore.

post-48118-1273722711049.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my first car; a 1998 Nissan Micra 1.3i Ally. I never thought I would say this when I first got it but it's a fantastic little car and I'm very pleased to be driving one. :)

358th1g.jpg

My first was a 1977 Mercury Bobcat Station Wagon I bought for 75 bucks. It was the sister car to the Ford Pinto Station Wagon. Good thing I never got hit in the rear in that car.

H4217.jpg

My first car was a 87' nissan stanza:

i still have it.. it currently has 177,815 miles. original engine, replaced trans, both front axles and steering rack.

Other than just those nothing besides regular maintenance. only con i can think of is 23 years of hot texas summers tend to wear some parts down lol and that the A/C no longer works nor is worth fixing.

Mods:

Stereo system w/ amp and 2 10's

Custom done exhaust from manifold back.

Air intake system made by me

also changed up fuel regulation a little bit :)

also new rims and tires as of last year.

First car: 1980 Fiat 126

Pros: Cheap on Gas

Small and mobile.

Cons: Noise, rust everywhere, brake I crashed against parked cops car nore than ten years ago. LoL

• 2 weeks later...