Leinart: should he stay or go?

Should Leinart stay at USC or go Pro?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Leinart stay at USC or go Pro?

• Stay at USC for Senior year
    • Go to the Pros
    • Unsure

It's been on ESPN a lot lately...apparently he's scheduled to make a decision tonight/Friday at 5:30.

Personally I think he should go Pro...he does have another year of eligibility, but he has one back2back championships AND he is receiving his diploma after this year. I'll admit I'm slightly biased (I can't stand USC) but I do appreciate what he's done...I just think if he stays he can only go downhill from here.

Manning did the same thing at Tennessee. If he's having fun at college it would be really hard to walk away from that, it is a time in his life that can never be repeated. Hopfully he can stay healthy, if he does and has a good season his signing bonus will just go up.

He should have entered the draft. He may have a worse season next year & not be as highly rated, which could cost him big bucks. School can always wait (as if he will ever need it).

He should have entered the draft.  He may have a worse season next year & not be as highly rated, which could cost him big bucks.  School can always wait (as if he will ever need it).

585301755[/snapback]

He is going to be a first round pick next year, even if he gets hurt. He has insurance from this past season.

I'm sure he stayed because he noticed how horrible the 49'ers actually are along with the Dolphins.

585301717[/snapback]

Whatever his reasons (this is the most likely) I'm glad he made the choice to stay.

He is going to be a first round pick next year, even if he gets hurt. He has insurance from this past season.

585303311[/snapback]

Insurance does not cover signing bonus.

Whatever his reasons (this is the most likely) I'm glad he made the choice to stay.

585305816[/snapback]

I don't think that is likely at all. If he gets picked at the top of the draft next year, he will be on a crappy team.

haha, true. but still, the trojans were one bad bounce away from losing like 4 games this past year. it's gotta be impossible to get all the lucky bounces two years in a row.

I think if I were Leinart I would go pro....He can't possibly have a better shot at being the #1 pick in the draft since he has 2 National Championships and a Heisman. I think he would be foolish to stay and risk injury. He should get the money now and if he gets hurt in the NFL he could still go back to school and finish up (or go in the offseason).

I think if I were Leinart I would go pro....He can't possibly have a better shot at being the #1 pick in the draft since he has 2 National Championships and a Heisman. I think he would be foolish to stay and risk injury. He should get the money now and if he gets hurt in the NFL he could still go back to school and finish up (or go in the offseason).

585314846[/snapback]

Exactly, Jim Rome mentioned that the insurance policies are only valid if you are hurt so bad that you will never play pro. Besides not covering signing bonuses or how far you may slip in the draft...

Bad move. He blows out a knee, or worse....he'll be an average joe like us. You ahve to take the brass ring when it's given to you....National Champs, Heisman Winner, Perfect season, Already #1 on many draft boards.....one injury screws all that work.

Bad move.  He blows out a knee, or worse....he'll be an average joe like us.  You ahve to take the brass ring when it's given to you....National Champs, Heisman Winner, Perfect season, Already #1 on many draft boards.....one injury screws all that work.

585333732[/snapback]

He has an insurance policy worth millions. Sure, it won't pay off like an NFL first round draft pick contract, but it's there. Look at McGahee, he would have been a millionaire even if he didn't come back from that blown knee due to his insurance.

He has an insurance policy worth millions.  Sure, it won't pay off like an NFL first round draft pick contract, but it's there.  Look at McGahee, he would have been a millionaire even if he didn't come back from that blown knee due to his insurance.

585338107[/snapback]

I know he does...but that insurance ain't cheap. So he doesn't get injured, has a sub-par year. (can't get much better) he wasted all that $$ on a policy, and loses millions due to draft free-fall.

Just doesn't make sense.

Bad move.  He blows out a knee, or worse....he'll be an average joe like us.  You ahve to take the brass ring when it's given to you....National Champs, Heisman Winner, Perfect season, Already #1 on many draft boards.....one injury screws all that work.

585333732[/snapback]

Yet another reason to stay in school. What if he blows out his knee his rookie year in the NFL? He now has an education to live off of. He knows that football isn't everything, so it's always good to have an education to live off when something happens. That's why Shaq went back to LSU and got his degree.