[Definitive] Gran Turismo 4

Heh, After following GT4 Deveopment for 4 Years you kinda get obsessed.

Im just hoping some bugs in the Japanese Version are fixed for NA & Europe release ;)

Anyone want some pics of certain cars?

585418317[/snapback]

Bugs will be fixed indeed, I know someone who works for SCEE in Liverpool and he is a games tester and was assigned to GT4.

Also, before anyone asks, I cannot and will not leak info on anything!

Bugs will be fixed indeed, I know someone who works for SCEE in Liverpool and he is a games tester and was assigned to GT4.

Also, before anyone asks, I cannot and will not leak info on anything!

585419192[/snapback]

Pass some of these along.

1) NO Garage in arcade mode

2) Mini Cooper S have a 6 speed gear box not 5 in GT4 (Japanese)

3) Ford SVT Lightning is FR not 4WD

4) Mercedes Benz E55, SL500, SL55, SL65, SL600, SLR does not simulate as an Automatic transmission.

5) F1 cars and Nike car cannot enter GT maintenance area so oil and car wash maintenance cannot be performed.

6) Chrysler Prowler, motor carriages and Nike car cannot enter any races.

7) B-spec mode has a screen which shows the distance between cars, but the distances vary dramatically from second to second. One second you will be 250 meters ahead or behind, and the next second you will be a difference of 120 meters, and then it will jump back to 240 or so meters. It appears to calculate the distances according to how the crow flies rather than actual track distance.

8) No option to put original rims back on cars.

9) TVR V8S is convertible, but the top does not open.

10) Chevelle is an AI opponent in the all corvette meet.

11) The mileage counter doesnt work when you drive a championship in a-spec mode. So if you start a new champ with a car at 0kms, at the end it still has 0kms, in your progress you also cant see your true kms.

I know 1-2 of them are PS2 Limitations, But pretty crap bugs that I know of at the moment that NEED fixing.

Edited by Hypoxiaicon

Gee.. I hope they added the light effect from the car's headlight in night courses (even in dark courses) cause in GT3, it was really hard to see anything in Trial Mountain (the tunnel, the hill...etc) and the night courses.

Gee.. I hope they added the light effect from the car's headlight in night courses (even in dark courses) cause in GT3, it was really hard to see anything in Trial Mountain (the tunnel, the hill...etc) and the night courses.

585422219[/snapback]

They have not added that.

The lights can be on on Certains tracks & at night of course, But they are no use.

There's no damage modeling, though.  At least there wasn't in the last one.

585414676[/snapback]

:pinch: oh well at least i can soop it up and fish tail the corners. :D

MAN this is gonna be WAY cool to race a wagon!!!!

teh wagonz ownz 4ll y4ll!!!

:pinch:  oh well at least i can soop it up and fish tail the corners. :D

MAN this is gonna be WAY cool to race a wagon!!!!

teh wagonz ownz 4ll y4ll!!!

585429171[/snapback]

:rolleyes: *sigh*

anyway.. I think I have enough money for a ps2 but not sure bout Gt4.. I"m wondering how much it would cost.. and does anyone have any info on the steering wheel? I wanna get it.. :shifty:

I was a real GT3 fan a while ago - couldn't get enough of it. But its been such a long wait...and I'm not really looking forward to GT4 anymore. The spark has gone.

http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/gt4photos?page=2

Check out these...high resolution photos made in the "photo mode"...near the bottom a couple of "Formula" pics.

It looks like a A1 car, or maybe something fantasy towards the 2004 F1 car.

585429156[/snapback]

It's just a standard F1 car shape, if it looked too much like a particular teams car I don't think the team would be too happy.

I already have GT4 (Chinese version) and now playing it and now about 44% complete. Looking forward for PAL version (English) of the game...I heard there are additional 12 cars and few more manufacturer races.

GT4 rocks! Simply stunning! (Y) :yes:

I already have GT4 (Chinese version) and now playing it and now about 44% complete. Looking forward for PAL version (English) of the game...I heard there are additional 12 cars and few more manufacturer races.

GT4 rocks! Simply stunning! (Y) :yes:

585431368[/snapback]

12 Additionla Cars:-

MAZDA 2005 MX-Crossport

Mitsubishi 2005 New Eclipse

Volkswagen 2004 Golf R32(winner car of SEMA show 2005 - tuning car)

AUDI 2003 Nuvolari quattro

AUDI 2003 Pikes Peak quattro

Chrysler 2005 300C

Alfa Romeo 2004 Alfa GT

Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner

Chaparral 1967 2D

Chaparral 1970 2J

JAGUAR 1988 XJR9

Peugeot 1992 905B Evo 1 Bis LM

I did post the huge PAL Update a few pages back if anyone wants to read it after reading Altezza reference to it.

I think the Wheel you guys are talking about is he Logitech Driving Force Pro (Found Here - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...CONTENTID=7226 )

585431036[/snapback]

yes Hypo, it is that one.. I've used it in Japan while playing Prologue. it's crazy .. 900 degrees.. :cool: