Testing Your Home Theatre: Suggested Movies

I personally recommend Spider-Man 1/2, The Matrix series, The Terminator series, Saving Private Ryan and Armageddon for their visuals and sound.

I use the Lobby scene from the first Matrix movie or any of the collesium fights from Gladiator.

Both have alot of varied noises that cover the full spectrum from soft/light/metallic to booming/wall thumping bass.

T

I use the THX demo and setup and the DTS demo and setup disc. Those two disc will push any system.

585321783[/snapback]

I also recommend these discs, it's the perfect tool to adjust everything.

I also recommend these discs, it's the perfect tool to adjust everything.

585321801[/snapback]

Where would I get such a disc from?

Blade 2. It's got your true red color in the menu selection screens, and the opening scene is a great way to gauge your black level. Audio is fantastic also.

A movie that is great for testing picture quality and your surround sound is Sword Fish, the first scene of the movie there is an explosion and steel ball-bearings (used in the explosive device) explode everywhere, when this happens the movie goes all slow motion and the camera spins around the explosion not only does it look fantastic but each individual speaker gets a good whizzing sound / explosion and all sorts, as the camera spins.

It really is a scene to witniss you feel like you there :o

Terminator 2 is still the best one for me. Ever since the laserdisc came out, I've used that to calibrate any new room I set up in. Other movies may have more bang and crash, but T2 has both crisp AND subtle effects and enough boom to help you set up.

Lets not forget to consider borrowing or buying the Avia or any good calibration disk to tune your audio and picture settings.

585322961[/snapback]

(Y) first thing to do :yes: For movies Heat although it is a crappy movie is really good for testing a sound system... Matrix lobby scene.....the first LOTR when they are in the tunnels :yes: