3.2E @ 4.3GHz (The 1.1GHz project)

Bleh, 4.4 when I get home then. Stayed tuned :devil:

I hadn't missed it, and i did explain how mine was a bigger overclock but you've been blinded by the actual increase in Mhz to follow what I'm saying. Say for an example you had a 100 Mhz Pentium and overclocked it to 200 Mhz, you would look at that and say 100Mhz increase, that's nothing, but that would be a much much better overclock than my system, because you've doubled the speed, a 100% overclock. On my system I've increased the speed by 39%, so to achieve the same overclock you would have to reach 4.45 Ghz as that would be 39% faster. It's easier for you to achieve an increase of 1.1Ghz because you started off with a significantly faster CPU so increasing the speed by 1.1 Ghz puts less strain on it, than doing it with a lower speed cpu.

585362485[/snapback]

BTW you don't caclulate % of overclock by FSB you do it by MHz increase vs. your original clock speed.

BTW can I see some sisandra scores? I'll try to bench @ 4.4GHz tonight.

Edited by islanq

Welp this thread went to the dog pile quickly.

Mine's bigger then yours na na na na...

Oh well either way both are nice OCs.

585362539[/snapback]

Other people here on neowin have better stable overclocks than mine, i don't consider my 3.9 Ghz in any way a proper overclock as it's simply not usable, just trying to clarify the facts. Islanq you've already hit the limit where you can barely boot into windows, the cpu is being pushed beyond it's limit, I think it's time to stop before you push things too far. I know how easy it is to keep pushing harder and harder, thats how i found out i could push it to 3.9 Ghz but your time will be best spent finding the absolute sweet spot where you get maximum speed but rock solid, after all you don't want a game crashing suddenly at an important point just for those extra bragging rights. In everyday usage im not the biggest, im not the best, and that's just fine by me.

I personally dont think a overclock means squat unless its remotely stable, IE. can Atleast Bench and Play games for a decent amount of time.

Its like saying my car will do 250MPH.

But the body cracks and the Engine, Transmission and everything else needs replacing every run.

585343810[/snapback]

I agree! :)

Bleh, 4.4 when I get home then. Stayed tuned  :devil:

BTW you don't caclulate % of overclock by FSB you do it by MHz increase vs. your original clock speed.

585362575[/snapback]

I didn't

your overclock 4.3 Ghz vs 3.2 Ghz original

4.3/3.2 = 1.34375 = 34.375% increase

my overclock 3.9 Ghz vs 2.8 Ghz

3.9/2.8 = 1.39286 = 39.286% increase

but as neither is stable this is kind of irrelevant as it's not usable, so whats the point?

@hobsgrg -  Can you get some sisandra benchies? I'll get some @ 4.3GHz or 4.4GHz tonight (current sisandra is 4.2GHz).

585362625[/snapback]

stop trying to fight him you dork

@hobsgrg -  Can you get some sisandra benchies? I'll get some @ 4.3GHz or 4.4GHz tonight (current sisandra is 4.2GHz).

585362625[/snapback]

I'm sure your system running at 4.2 Ghz is significantly faster than mine, I never suggested it wasn't, no need for benchmarks

Round 2. Fight! ;) :p

I agree with Hypoxia though, if its not stable then its no good at all. I can get my 3.0C at 3.6 but its not even stable for long periods of time at 3.3ghz :s

Whats the point? You can push just about anything pretty far before it burns out on you.

Edited by Rob2687

Round 2. Fight! ;) :p

I agree with Hypoxia though, if its not stable then its no good at all. I can get my 3.0C at 3.6 but its not even stable for long periods of time at 3.3ghz :s

Whats the point? You can push just about anything pretty far before it burns out on you.

585362689[/snapback]

Nah, I'm really stable up untill 4.0GHz.

That and from what I can see electron migration isnt going to be an issue (not just yet) and the cooling is good, so I dont see any major harm.

All I can say is, good luck trying to get it stable (Y)

Same feeling here... 2.6 seems to be the thing that kills my 2400+ (not a mobile either :D ) *cries* I will get it one day, I swear it.

The last 2 pages were funny as heck to read. Anyways...mine at 2.65 GHz is stable and probably outperforms every P4 out there at 3.8 or lower! So there! Stop the Megahertz increase wars!!! Remember..."performance, not Megahertz."

The last 2 pages were funny as heck to read. Anyways...mine at 2.65 GHz is stable and probably outperforms every P4 out there at 3.8 or lower! So there! Stop the Megahertz increase wars!!! Remember..."performance, not Megahertz."

585364626[/snapback]

Hey coolmonk, you said you were going to try 10x275. Any luck with that?

Hey coolmonk, you said you were going to try 10x275. Any luck with that?

585364632[/snapback]

10x275 is bootable and benches "okay" with Sandra but hangs when I play games for more than 15 minutes. I think I need a better HSF first. I'll post some benchies after I get my cooler and actually get it stable.

So there! Stop the Megahertz increase wars!!! Remember..."performance, not Megahertz."

585364626[/snapback]

It is where your talking about the same processor family ;) at least those with the same cores :p but the war will never stop, we are all addicted :laugh:

Here is just a general OCing tip for you guys I have been experimenting with. Most VGA cards are supposed to be @ 1.4V - 1.5V stock, BUT if you are OCing like crazy and drawing all that power down with your CPU up your AGP voltage to like 1.6V - 1.8V. The reasoning for this is that it will allow more power to pass through your northbridge and deleive more power to the CPU. So even if the VCore drops in windows, it will still be closer to what is says in your bios then normal. (I take no responcibility blah blah blah, u break, your bad...)

Damn you... Im wanting to overclock...

I cant boot into windows higher then 3.75GHz Ish.

I guess.. the main thing is to keep the CPU as cool as possible.

585364793[/snapback]

That core was made in malay (not as good as the costa rica made one unfortunately) But try these settings.

3.2C @ 3.85GHz

FSB: 241

VCore: 1.575V - 1.725V

VDimm: 2.8V

AGPV: 1.6V - 1.7V

Mem timing - 3-4-4-8 (tigher @ 2.5-3-3-7)

good luck (Y)

1.725!?

Do other p4 boards overvolt like mad then droop like crazy (like asus boards)?

If I set 1.725 in the bios, it would probably be at 1.8 and droop like crazy.... Hello SNDS! :s