MSN Down

my brother can get on, some of ma mates can get on, i can get on WITH MY OLD account (dont understand that) but i cant get on with my current account!!!

:angry:

a chat network goes down and the whole world stops? :laugh:

585344125[/snapback]

Just goes to show how popular the service is and how it really effects people.

585344129[/snapback]

:rolleyes: It doesn't mean a damn thing to me at least. I have a life and better things to do. :yes: ;)

I look forward to Microsoft?s Examination of this one, Its not like it was just one Server, it was the howl MSN Messenger Network, my guess is it was a mistake in the recent updates done to the core network. Someone?s going to get a phone call on Monday.

...Its not like it was just one Server, it was the howl MSN Messenger Network...

...whole...

Someone’s going to get a phone call on Monday.

Or maybe rear-ended by Bill's right foot....

Sounds to me like the MSN database server was down. That would explain several of the errors. I mean think about it: MSN likely stores everyone's contact lists and information at a single location, so it would make sense if that server went down, the whole global network would go down... Some one tripped over an ethernet cable anyone? :p

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. It could also expalin the outages for the webpages too, because Microsoft would likely host all of their passport information (which most pages would rely on) at the same location...

Just my thoughts....

Delox

Sounds to me like the MSN database server was down. That would explain several of the errors. I mean think about it: MSN likely stores everyone's contact lists and information at a single location, so it would make sense if that server went down, the whole global network would go down... Some one tripped over an ethernet cable anyone? :p

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter. It could also expalin the outages for the webpages too, because Microsoft would likely host all of their passport information (which most pages would rely on) at the same location...

Just my thoughts....

Delox

585344994[/snapback]

You are quite possibly right.. imagine how easily the MSN servers are taken down... :(

i've been having problems with the service since a week. but tops of to microsoft for maintain such a big network. so come on i'm will to bash on microsoft but i think they do a good job at keeping msn messenger up.

I've been using ICQ since early 1998. Everybody I know has switched over to MSN a few years ago.

As for AIM, that seems to be an American thing. Nobody I know uses Yahoo either.

585342881[/snapback]

me too i still use icq and tried others IM somehow i feel that msn copy almost anything from others IM (especially from yahoo messenger 6)

The only original feature that msn got its handwrite and thats for the latest version and it needs windows messenger 5

MSN Messenger is free as well, what the hell are you on about? I doubt any of them are that reliable as well. Please shut up will you.

585342896[/snapback]

yeah its free so what because its free dont mean that they give us a good service is that what i mean.

Any of them as you said never got issues like msn and i can tell you that last year msn suffer the same crappy problems like 8 or 10 times so since you dont know anything or you dont even used the others IM at all you cant tell anything so you are the one that must shut up. :rolleyes:

Working fine for me now. Everyone is back online on my list so maybe Canada is back up. ;)

585345792[/snapback]

Appears to be.

I can sign-out/in non-stop and I can connect 100% of the time (Y)