Thank you Intel!

If anybody remembers, I recently graduated with my Bachelor's in EE and started my Master's in the same field. Well, I've been trying to get an internship with a company for quite a while now and today my dream finally came true!

I will be interning with Intel from May-December at their Folsom, CA site! :woot: :woot: :D

I can't wait!!!!

Also, even more good news: My girlfriend also got an intership with Intel but in their Chandler, AZ location. Nonetheless, that is awesome that we got internships with the same company! :D :D :cool: :woot:

Thank you INTEL!

BTW, I'll be working with the Centrino Mobile Chipset Validation Group in case you're wondering!

Congrats! Now grab a dual core system while your in there if you can and give us some benchmarks.. lol...

Even if you could get your hands on one you'd have to sign a NDA :( lol

So what exactly are you going to be doing ?

585363034[/snapback]

trying to beat AMD?

That's awesome dude! You have a girlfriend who wants to (and now does/will) work for intel? Nice :laugh:

Folsom, CA cool, my brother is locked in prison out there. :laugh: cool little town, The lake is fun in the summer time. MAn i loved going there. congratulations

Congrats!  Now grab a dual core system while your in there if you can and give us some benchmarks.. lol...

Even if you could get your hands on one you'd have to sign a NDA :( lol

585363049[/snapback]

:shifty: :laugh: You're probably right!

trying to beat AMD?

That's awesome dude! You have a girlfriend who wants to (and now does/will) work for intel? Nice 

:laugh: I also have a friend that works for AMD, I'm going to start sending hate mail to him! :devil:

Yeah, my girlfriend is real excited to work with Intel as well. We both got very lucky to work with them!!

Folsom, CA cool, my brother is locked in prison out there.  cool little town, The lake is fun in the summer time. MAn i loved going there. congratulations

That sucks for your brother! :pinch: Thanks for the info though...

IF you want any info about the town, just pm me i know that little town pretty well, not far from Sacrmaento either, lots of bars and stuff there Downtown is fun, just dont stray into the southside :ninja: oh yeah and prepare for humid, 100+ temps this summer

IF you want any info about the town, just pm me i know that little town pretty well, not far from Sacrmaento either, lots of bars and stuff there Downtown is fun, just dont stray into the southside :ninja: oh yeah and prepare for humid, 100+ temps this summer

585363107[/snapback]

Yeah thanks! I'll PM you when I get the official offer. Thanks for the info!

Oh and as far as the temps and humidity are concern, you're forgeting that I'm from Florida. ;)

My uncle is pretty high up at Intel in Portland, OR. Getting an internship there is not easy to get, congrats!

Portland? I thought Intel had a location in Hillsboro, OR? Is that near Portland?

As far an internships, they are not easy to get get from them. For full-time hires, the on-site interviews are 6 hours long!!! :whistle:

:shifty: well then you better get on the ball and start preaching to the Intelites how they need to make their procs work smarter not harder ;) Or AMD's gonna eat'em up whole!!!

Congrats and good luck!!! Maybe it'll lead to something full time for you :yes:

Portland? I thought Intel had a location in Hillsboro, OR? Is that near Portland?

As far an internships, they are not easy to get get from them. For full-time hires, the on-site interviews are 6 hours long!!! :whistle:

585363143[/snapback]

Right near eachother if I recall, I know they live in the hills overlooking Portland, I haven't been out west in a long time.

Been there before.. Try not to jump from the bridge.. :unsure: Alot of people getting killed from there.

585363193[/snapback]

Rainbow bridge is fun :laugh: ive jumped off it before, just not at the Crest of the bridge but one of the lower parts

Congrats to ya! I'm 15min south of Sac, the Folsom site is nice, they have their own freeway access :huh: . As was stated earlier, Sacramento has some nice resteraunts, Kings games are always fun, PM me as well if you need any suggestions!