Huge Problem!

I can't help but somewhat see her point.

You guys are 19 with a child and living with her parents and you want to spend however much/month on cable? From the money standpoint alone--why "waste" money on internet access right now when you aren't even out on your own and you have a child to worry about?

I, personally, would be more concerned with taking care of my family first--then worrying about things like the internet. Although her flat out refusal is kind of childish--I think you even thinking you would leave her/move out over something this stupid is pretty childish as well. Talk to her--maybe she has reasons that you don't know about, that do make sense. Besides, I would hope you plan on staying together for the long run....don't let the internet (of all things) ruin it.

Hey look mate you need to put yuour foot down on this, your a man arent you?

You take orders for a woman? Hell no!

Now look if some sheila ever said to me you cant get cable internet id be like

"Hey you clean the sand out of your Vigina! and

Get in the kitchen and cook me some damn pie"

you know id be like all that to her, and then id get my damn internet you guys.

Originally posted by Osiris

Hey look mate you need to put yuour foot down on this, your a man arent you?

You take orders for a woman? Hell no!

Now look if some sheila ever said to me you cant get cable internet id be like

"Hey you clean the sand out of your Vigina! and

Get in the kitchen and cook me some damn pie"

you know id be like all that to her, and then id get my damn internet you guys.

ROFL are you single Osiris?

Anyways, KXGARD3, to address the issue, I think everyone here has a point in some way. I think you should learn to stand up to her and do things she may not want you to do. Its called being your own person. The best way is compromise though, because then that way you both get what you want. Maybe not completely, but mostly, and then there won't be a fight. She doesn't seem to want to compromise on the cable issue, so tell her that she's going to have to explain why she doesn't trust you with cable internet, and that if she doesn't give you a good explanation, then you're going to go get it. Don't do it behind her back, that'll just cause problems.

BUT with that said, you seem to provide for your son which is great, and you have money to afford the internet, but you still live at her parent's place. Save your money, move out, THEN consider the internet..