[UK] Wristbands

Take a look in JJB Sports. They had some the other day when my mate went and bought some. There is one for racism now, its two bands, a black and a white joined.

Our school looking at banning them. They said they support up supporting charities etc but in an e-mail from a member of staff to a senior member of staff then to all staff it said the following:

From member of staff to senior

...Secondly, the number of 'charity' wrist bands/badges on ties on some pupils (3 or 4 of different colours) is making it seem inappropriate to challenge other pupils for wearing 'normal' jewellery.

Reply from senior to all was:

...We have always applauded pupils that have supported charities, and have allowed them to wear a badge on their tie.This has recently been extended to wristbands, but I am only aware of 2 colours. Would you please enquire via your tutors what the 'state of play' is at present? If appropriate, we'll meet to discuss restrictions.

It's stupid, I wish they would just make their mind up.

ahhh fads... gotta love how a new one comes around each year.....

585410134[/snapback]

yes its just the trend just now...

w00t!!

Went to Allsports in Cribbs Causeway (Bristol) today and picked up 2 Anti Racism Bands, so now I have 3 different types of bands, Live Strong, Beat Bullying and Amti Racism.

LoL

Are the anti-racism ones the pink ones?

585418613[/snapback]

nope, the anti racism one is the balck and white band that is interlocked together.

I will take a pick of them on my wrist now.

The beat Bullying sounds good, I am a school secretary! Would really love one of those, cant open the link though.

I also have a "Youth Livestrong" that I would be happy to mail to someone if they want it!

I really want a beat bullying wristband as i get bullied ALOT at school :(

Can i have the livestrong band?

585419991[/snapback]

your joking right? about you getting bullied at school?

All::sports are doing the racism ones now....bought one today...i think its a great idea,raising awareness about all these issuses ...while still being 'cool'....

maybe its being taken a bit far now, theres nearly one for every issue,disease going...

COULD I PLEASE HAVE YOUR LIVESTRONG BAND STARS I'M REALLY DESPERATE.:(

585423103[/snapback]

Is there an echo in here? Don't beg it's not polite.

COULD I PLEASE HAVE YOUR LIVESTRONG BAND STARS I'M REALLY DESPERATE.:(

585423103[/snapback]

Its already been spoken for but I truly think I have another one, I will look around... pm me your mail address and if I find it I will mail it.

your joking right? about you getting bullied at school?

585420100[/snapback]

I work at a school as a school secretary... BULLYING HAPPENS, more often than not. I just told my high school daughter about this post and she said mom no one bullies... but she is wrong...

we get phone calls from parents about their kids being bullied everyday!

Its just not right... but how to stop it???

Best way to stop it is to get your older bro/mates older bro to take an iron bar to the kid doing the bullying's face. Works well believe me.

Sometimes bullies just need to get ****** up to stop giving out ****.