[NCAA] Coach K collapse during timeout

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski collapsed during a timeout in the first half of the Blue Devils' 82-65 win over Georgia Tech, spending several seconds on the floor before returning to the huddle.

He kept coaching for the remainder of the game, showing no ill effects from the fall.

"I don't know if it's ever happened to you, but when you get up real quick, sometimes you get lightheaded," Krzyzewski said. "Over my 30 years of coaching, it's happened a number of times. Normally, you just get up like that and you have your feet under you, and it's OK."

During the stoppage 8? minutes into the game, Coach K was talking to one of the referees and suddenly fell to the floor. He lay on his right side, facing his bench, while his assistant coaches and the Duke training staff briefly attended to him.

"I felt like a chump, like someone hit me with an air punch and I'm out," Krzyzewski said. "I'm thinking, 'What an idiot,' and I know I'm going to get it from my daughters and my wife. They have so much ammunition on me."

Krzyzewski's wife, Mickie, ran from her seat in the upper deck to the end of the bench, and Duke athletic director Joe Alleva came, too. But the 57-year-old coach was up and back in front of his players to complete the timeout.

When referee Reginald Cofer went to check on him, Krzyzewski took the opportunity to complain about the officiating, and Cofer walked away smiling.

Source: ESPN

0205_coachk_2.jpg

Wow, well as long as he's ok and it's nothing severe. He seems to be a good guy, so you definitely want to see him sticking around for a long time.

i hate him.

glad he's ok though.

585421420[/snapback]

You shouldnt hate him. :p You can hate the Duke name/basketball team as whole if you want but hating the coach isnt nice. He's a good guy and a great coach. :yes:

Glad he's ok!

You shouldnt hate him. :p You can hate the Duke name/basketball team as whole if you want but hating the coach isnt nice. He's a good guy and a great coach. :yes:

Glad he's ok!

585421464[/snapback]

hehe, i'm just gonna hate all of them. the coach, name, team, fans, stadium, the refs that only make calls against the opposing team at CIS.

hehe, i'm just gonna hate all of them. the coach, name, team, fans, stadium, the refs that only make calls against the opposing team at CIS.

585425658[/snapback]

Don't hate the Dukies, you hater :no:

:p

Glad he's ok!

585421464[/snapback]

A long time ago I went to a Minnesota North Stars hockey game (they later moved to Dallas). I was just a kid. Coach K was in an exercise room at the hotel we stayed at and I asked for an autograph. He said, "Get lost." So I'll hate the coach. Don't want him to fall over and die, but I'll hate him.

i know...i am...

there's nobody i hate more in any sport...i can't help it.

and that fact that Dukie V is in bed with them...

have you seen the "cheer notes" passed out before games at CIS? the students are pathetic...

A long time ago I went to a Minnesota North Stars hockey game (they later moved to Dallas).  I was just a kid.  Coach K was in an exercise room at the hotel we stayed at and I asked for an autograph.  He said, "Get lost."  So I'll hate the coach.  Don't want him to fall over and die, but I'll hate him.

585426345[/snapback]

You sure it was him? What would he be doing in Minnesota during hockey season, that's when college basketball is running (unless he was there preparing to play Univ. of Minn.).

You sure it was him?  What would he be doing in Minnesota during hockey season, that's when college basketball is running (unless he was there preparing to play Univ. of Minn.).

585426348[/snapback]

I'm 100% sure it was him. But I couldn't tell you what he was doing there, other than riding an exercise bike and telling young kids that dreamed of playing college basketball to get lost.

I'm 100% sure it was him.  But I couldn't tell you what he was doing there, other than riding an exercise bike and telling young kids that dreamed of playing college basketball to get lost.

585426356[/snapback]

It was probably his time of the month :unsure:

It was probably his time of the month :unsure:

585426396[/snapback]

Maybe. I don't go around bad-mouthing the guy. Just trying to explain how somebody might not like him. Oh, and I hate the team as well. Almost as much as I did when they had Christian Laettner.

I don't know why but I grew up liking Duke and it's still my dream school. When I saw their admission requirements, I felt like crying. Maybe I'll go for graduate school there :)

just don't end up like the rest of the nerds that go there :p

i think i enjoy seeing them cry on national tv just a little too much.

you hate laettner? what about wojo? reddick? what about that flopper battier? omg i need to stop, i'm getting too annoyed :p

at least duke players do notoriously well at sucking in the NBA. :yes:

just don't end up like the rest of the nerds that go there :p

i think i enjoy seeing them cry on national tv just a little too much. 

you hate laettner?  what about wojo?  reddick?  what about that flopper battier?  omg i need to stop, i'm getting too annoyed :p

at least duke players do notoriously well at sucking in the NBA.  :yes:

585426818[/snapback]

LOL

Trajan Langdon.

And let's not forget the fastest-to-go-from-somebody-to-nobody Grant Hill. Everytime I see his or Battier's face, it makes me want to take a ****. :pinch:

And Steve Wojo has a fanpage on duke servers. :rolleyes:

Maybe it has his address on there. :ninja:

http://www.duke.edu/~blp3/wojo/welcome.html :|

^ Elton Brand sucks? :|

585426841[/snapback]

i never said every single one sucked ;)

but for the number of "stars" they have on the college level, they just don't produce on the pro level.

Jason Williams was a good player until that bike accident. Mike Dunleavy is also doing good in the Warriors being a starter. There are quite a few players who do succeed.

You know he's a good man when he rejects an NBA coaching job with the Lakers and stays in college.

585421301[/snapback]

Not only is he a good man, it also proves how smart he is :D

I hate Duke but the reason I hate them is because of Coach K's super awesome ability to get his less-talented teams to play with the big boys. And his teams are always ready to play, an exact reflection of the coach. Of all the coaches I've been witnessed to seeing (thus, excluding John Wooden), other than Dean Smith I would love to have 4 years with Coach K.

Still, I hope UNC kills them tomorrow. Should be a great game.