[NCAA] Coach K collapse during timeout

Talk about getting screwed...the clock should still have a litle under a second (around .8) and Carolina's ball. I really don't know why Felton didn't drive or at least put up a shot, when he shook his defender on top of the key. He just kinda dribbled to the corner and thats where it went downhill. Even though I'm a big Illini fan, I would have loved to see UNC beat Duke at home.

Oh, and will someone remove Dick Vitale's nose from Duke's ass?

Oh, and will someone remove Dick Vitale's nose from Duke's ass?

585443909[/snapback]

Why not remove it off UNC's ass? He keeps bragging about their backcourt and how they're his pick for national champs. I like Dickie V., but his nose is not in Duke's ass.

oh his nose is in dukes ass, and unc is giving him a little reach around. when he picked his 5 favorite players towards the end of the game, the only person that wasn't from the acc was some dude from utah i think. dukie v still doesn't believe illinois is decent, when unc and kansas had 1 loss, he still had them over illinios in his picks. duke and unc don't have jack for defense. the only reason (which proved itself again tonight) that duke wins at home is because the officials are paid off. and the fact that every single call in the maryland-duke game went to duke, and maryland STILL won, that is an accomplishment. and all i gotta say about unc is SANTA CLARA.

my boys from michigan gave illini a hell of a run. but i'm on the illini bandwagon now. i want dukie v and all the acc lovers to feel the orange crush this year.

I don't know why but I grew up liking Duke and it's still my dream school.  When I saw their admission requirements, I felt like crying.  Maybe I'll go for graduate school there :)

585426513[/snapback]

Same here. I think it was because of the TIP/MAP program I did when I was little. Just had an affinity with Duke. :happy:

Duke wins :woot:

585443899[/snapback]

Hell yes. :yes:

Well, I'm not going to make any excuses for the Tar Heels but damn, that was some F'd up officiating. Duke had at least 5 steals by reaching around the offensive player, most of them occuring during post plays...which is a blatant foul.

Anyhow, Carolina shot themselves in the foot. Felton had his man beat, he should have drove the lane and at least tried to draw a foul. Raymond is my favorite collegiate player (on the national level), but man, he's smarter than that. Sean May was killing the Blue Devils in the post, he should have got the rock at the end.

Oh well, bring on the game at the Dean Dome.

Anyhow, Carolina shot themselves in the foot. Felton had his man beat, he should have drove the lane and at least tried to draw a foul. Raymond is my favorite collegiate player (on the national level), but man, he's smarter than that. Sean May was killing the Blue Devils in the post, he should have got the rock at the end.

585444705[/snapback]

I think Felton had a wide open lane too. At least he could have drawn a foul. Sean May rocked the boards last night though. Duke's starters had 20 rebounds total while May alone had 18. He had a double double going into the 2nd half.

Well, I'm not going to make any excuses for the Tar Heels but damn, that was some F'd up officiating. Duke had at least 5 steals by reaching around the offensive player, most of them occuring during post plays...which is a blatant foul.

Oh well, bring on the game at the Dean Dome.

585444705[/snapback]

what do expect at CIS? duke hasn't won a legit home game as far as i can remember. fouls usually favor the dukies by like 1 for every 3.

Does anyone else not find it hilarious that he complained about the officiating when the ref check in on him??? That is money.

PS Reddick is silky sweet, I like his game. Other than that, not a fan for any team.

It's not a surprise why so many people find excuses every time Duke wins. They are disliked by almost everyone who isn't there fan just like the Yankees are hated in the baseball world.

The argument about Illinois is not even comparable. Who the hell can compare the ACC with the Big 10? Yes, sure, Illinois beat a couple of ACC teams, but they will end up losing one of their "easy" games like everyone else (UNC vs. Santa Clara).

i doubt it man. illini is a whole level above UNC, and the reason is the coaching. roy "big game" williams only knows how to choke.

and it's not a secret that duke gets more love on their home court from the refs than any other team in the country.

if it's anything like they've done so far, i think they will be ok. ;)

big wins on the road against a tough wisconsin team and a fired up michigan team.

they've proven time and again, even if 2 people are cold, they got 2 guys who will still score. and whenever 3 or all 4 are on, then it just gets ugly.

The only thing I'd really be afraid of when facing a team like Duke or UNC is the inside presence. I really don't think a guy like Augustine could compete with a Sean May or Shelton Williams. Although, the back courts would really have a nice match up. :yes:

Does anyone else not find it hilarious that he complained about the officiating when the ref check in on him??? That is money.

585448095[/snapback]

Come again? Was that directed at me?

And I don't think the officiating was the reason behind UNC losing. The Heels turned the ball over on their first 3 possessions of the game and had about 11 turnovers by halftime. Rashad McCants was 3-13 from the field and only had 2 points at halftime, if I remember right. And they did a good job on JJ Redick and Sheldon Williams but Daniel Ewing was on his game and Duke had alot better bench play than did UNC.

Still, Carolina played horrible and only lost by 3 on the road at Cameron. Duke had to overachieve to pull that game out...I think UNC will blowout Duke in the finale.