[56K Beware] 2005 Ford Shelby

Wow im going to sue ford for putting out my eye with the light reflection off that crome. its gross. it looks like my entire car is made from the metal that makes up my bumper on my usual cars. :(

how come no one ever talks about the GT90? i still don't know why it was never produced..

http://images.google.com/images?q=ford%20G...off&sa=N&tab=wi

585444248[/snapback]

The GT90 I think is nothing compared to its predecessor. It just was too strange, and if it was never produced they probably had a good reason for it. I would like to know why it was scrapped though :huh:

LA auto show sucks...we didn't get half the stuff you did...unless i missed it.

ohh the gt 90, i remember that from some video game...one of the earlier NFS?? it kicked ass in the game...

The GT90 I think is nothing compared to its predecessor. It just was too strange, and if it was never produced they probably had a good reason for it. I would like to know why it was scrapped though :huh:

585444279[/snapback]

from supercars.net.. i get the following.

ford built it to show they are capable of building it

the engine was too experimental (whats so experimental about a 6.0L v-12?)

it was too expensive

it would destroy the european sports car market.. (which reminds me, the GT40 almost put ferrarri out :laugh: )

it would destroy the european sports car market.. (which reminds me, the GT40 almost put ferrarri out :laugh: )

585444298[/snapback]

So why doesn't farrarri build better cars when price is not a factor?? I mean aren't companies suppost to compete with each other?

So why doesn't farrarri build better cars when price is not a factor?? I mean aren't companies suppost to compete with each other?

585444323[/snapback]

GT90 was in NFS II. :)  Or was it NFS II Unleashed.

If I remember right it was one of the fastest cars.

And where did this "put ferrari out" come from?

585444328[/snapback]

i saw it on the History channel. when the original GT-40 was introduced and sent to europe to race, it basically won every race it was in and almost put ferrari out of business since the gt40 was so popular.. after so many years of racing the gt40 ford decided to no longer support/advertise/race the car anymore..

so i guess you can say the hype was gone after that and ferrarri slowly came back.

ohh the gt 90, i remember that from some video game...one of the earlier NFS??  it kicked ass in the game...

585444283[/snapback]

well i do live in the motor city :rofl: :p

i saw it on the History channel. when the original GT-40 was introduced and sent to europe to race, it basically won every race it was in and almost put ferrari out of business since the gt40 was so popular.. after so many years of racing the gt40 ford decided to no longer support/advertise/race the car anymore..

so i guess you can say the hype was gone after that and ferrarri slowly came back.

585444339[/snapback]

He's right. The thing beat the living crap out of Ferrarri. Yet they always seem to just cut cars off, which is so odd. The GT-40 is an amazing car :whistle:

Oh, and the GT-90 was in Toca Racedriver 2 as well. I loved the retractable spoiler on the thing. :woot:

ohh the gt 90, i remember that from some video game...one of the earlier NFS??  it kicked ass in the game...

585444283[/snapback]

hopefully the NY autoshow wont suck :happy:

hopefully the NY autoshow wont suck :happy:

585446290[/snapback]

What're ya kiddin? Try going to the auto show in Omaha, NE! You can get the same thing for free by going to any one of a thousand dealer lots in town... SUCKED.