NeoTheme v2 Released!

hum... I allways get this error:

Line 0 (File "C:\Programme\NeoTheme\NeoTheme.exe"):

send(@ScriptDir & "\system\uxtheme\" & $service_pack & "\uxtheme.dll")

send(@ScriptDir & "\system\uxtheme\" & ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

everytime I want to patch the uxtheme.dll :-/

Last time I did it, it worked well but last night I formated my hard drive..

One problem might could be that I did not activate the win Vrsion right now?

WfG

DJ_SPHYX

hum... I allways get this error:

everytime I want to patch the uxtheme.dll :-/

Last time I did it, it worked well but last night I formated my hard drive..

One problem might could be that I did not activate the win Vrsion right now?

WfG

DJ_SPHYX

586167492[/snapback]

Are you using XP 32Bit?

What service packs?

If you are must be something in the registy.

What does HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, CSDVersion read?

I would need some people to tell me registry keys, and i'd have to get some xp64 uxthemes

586186316[/snapback]

Which registry keys do you need? Uxthemes - which you need? How can I get 'em to yer? :blink:

thanks.

What about

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, ProductName and BuildLab?

586209031[/snapback]

"Microsoft Windows XP", and "3790.srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447", respectively.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you using XP 32Bit?

What service packs?

If you are must be something in the registy.

What does HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, CSDVersion read?

I am not using 32bit as far as I know :blush:

I remember there was a run command which shows up a window with all the infor about my system what wa it?

BTW: I don't find the registry entry (CSDVersion)..

My System is now registered but it still doesnt work..

WfG

DJ_SPHYX

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of days ago I installed Neotheme v2 standalone and patched uxtheme without incident. At the time I didn't install any VSs. Today I went to install one and found that presumably with a recent update of AVG Free there is an embedded trojan horse PSW.Agent.KP. This kicks all copies of the .exe in to the virus vault and renders the program unuseable. I now have a patched uxtheme but no program.

What is going on here? Are you aware of this? I would really like this to work. From what I saw, this program is what I've been looking for.

Is there a way out of this mess? For instance, what is the difference between the standalone and the installer?

It appears AVG doesn't recognize a trogan in the installer. Will I find the same thing in there once it's opened? If not, can I delete the remaining files were the standalone was installed and open the installer there in it's place? Since uxtheme is already patched, will the installer open and function without problems?

I had just come away from nasty problems with StyleXP and thought your program was the answer. As I said before, I really would like this to work and hope there is a way through this.

Any help would be appreciated d4l3d

This sounds like a great program, but my zip (or to be more accurate, compression) program has a little feature that automatically unzips themes to resources\themes and then opens up display properties

How about expanding this program more to make something like AutoPatcher? But instead make an AutoThemer, this will allow you to download an application and when it's run, it gives you a whole load of themes and styles.

so if I have the patched uxtheme and I want to install the NeoTheme it won't change anything??

586439214[/snapback]

nope ;)

How about expanding this program more to make something like AutoPatcher? But instead make an AutoThemer, this will allow you to download an application and when it's run, it gives you a whole load of themes and styles.

586439262[/snapback]

Maybe as an addon module, but NeoTheme WON'T be turned into bloat ware ;)

• 3 months later...

Any new release soon? I do love 2.11, and don't need a newer version. But how about update the GUI to the 10-thing-vista-software-should-look-like (I have forgot what it was caled). It would have been fun.

*keep up the good work*

• 3 weeks later...

Some more info :)

The "NeoTheme Styles" are compressed files with the .nts extension. You just load this in NeoTheme and it'll install the theme and all fonts and also show previews and information on the style.