LSN Messenger

LeeC1987 its looking good, as a coder of your type i also understand the ammount of hard work needed to make a working messenger, and how hard it is to work out all bugs but your doing well. Well done mate.

Ive noticed you have nudge support, and so I assume your not using P9, would you mind telling me which version you are using?

Thanks a lot Lee, and good luck with L-MSN.

LeeC1987 its looking good, as a coder of your type i also understand the ammount of hard work needed to make a working messenger, and how hard it is to work out all bugs but your doing well. Well done mate.

Ive noticed you have nudge support, and so I assume your not using P9, would you mind telling me which version you are using?

Thanks a lot Lee, and good luck with L-MSN.

585542456[/snapback]

As I support anyone's effort against the cooperate giant, :) . I am using MSNP10; it?s almost the same as MSNP9, just change the version at the first client transaction. You may have to parse the list of names differently however; it seems ms changed like 1 or 2 minor things in the delimiters.

As I support anyone's effort against the cooperate giant,  :) . I am using MSNP10; it?s almost the same as MSNP9, just change the version at the first client transaction. You may have to parse the list of names differently however; it seems ms changed like 1 or 2 minor things in the delimiters.

585542539[/snapback]

cool man i tried that, but isnt the challenge different? i kept getting booted on challenges.

no nudge limitation seems to be a nice/useful feature :D

585542588[/snapback]

Opps, :whistle: . I must have accidentally forgotten to put limits on. Just a single Boolean can make these things happen unfortunately. I must still quote ?this is still in development, and was a legit bug?.

It's interesting watching both your project LeeC1987 and DayleRees's progress. It seems that as soon as Dayle decided to actually MAKE his MSN design (unlike previous concepts people have made), others are following and actually doing their projects.

And I have to say at first, I didn't like the look of your client and was hesitant to download it being a fan of Dayle's. Now, after watching this thing continue and bug fixes being made all the time, I'm liking the progress. If you need help with a mirror, PM me and I can see what I can do.

if anyone knew how complex the msn protocol actually is and how to create the application round it, i dont think anyone could say anything bad about msn developers, it is tricky and i cant speak for myself but lee is doing very well.

Oh I tottaly understand what both of you are going through and I applaud you both for your efforts.

And LeeC: Your mirror is up. Check your PM

Handwriting, nudges and winks is useless. Don't bother with them, please. :)

Just d/l latest version, and clicked "sign in offline" yet it signed me in "online" :(

need help skinning it or even tweaking it hit me up man ;)

looks good but ill stick to my custom made messenger

585562344[/snapback]

In the next release; with any luck Independent skinning will be made possible, at the moment its semi using the default, and the UI files located in "Skin\MacOS".

You can play with it though, the Contacts form is almost completely skin able.

Include, will load in a dedicated file. Each element/object has many methods/properties. All available methods and properties can be changed... for example. Take a peak into the frmContacts.UI file in the root of MacOS directory.

Object usrTitle

{

Include ('Global\TitleBar.ui');

Caption='L-Messenger';

}

Caption is a property of the object that is the titlebar. If you peak into 'Global\TitleBar.ui' you will find all its other technical properties...

Top=0;

Left=0;

LeftSec='TitleBar\left.bmp';

MidSec='TitleBar\mid.bmp';

RightSec='TitleBar\right.bmp';

Though, you may choose to do so, like this;

Object usrTitle

{

Top=0;

Caption='L-Messenger';

}

I will document every single method and property for each object type, though for now most supported properties you should find in the example UI files. I promise the next release will be something to look forward too :)

Keep up the good work and don't forget, if you need a mirror, PM me or email me. I'll set one up right away.

:happy: , Ready for Alpha39? Its Due Wednesday Afternoon, and will support File Transfers via P2P Msn scheme and Server scheme, Multi User Confos and less bugs. I?ve posted a screenshot to keep you excited ;);).

alpha39a.PNG