LSN Messenger

I can?t get it sending files at the moment, but it?s doing everything else I promised. So:(y :( . I?m always working on it though, I will find :)way :) .

Build x39a

585591645[/snapback]

hey lee..make a lil sig and a avator...and u know..advertise ppl 2 come 2 this thread...im not good @ that stuff..but im sure ppl here would be more than happy 2 make u one..

btw...great project..keep it up

hey lee..make a lil sig and a avator...and u know..advertise ppl 2 come 2 this thread...im not good @ that stuff..but im sure ppl here would be more than happy 2 make u one..

btw...great project..keep it up

585593382[/snapback]

He's right :happy: . Anyone up for it ?

Maybe, you got a logo?

585598945[/snapback]

Nah, that?s just some deranged MSN logo. I got bored and played in Photoshop, I am not an artist of imagery, I am an artist of words:):) .

Oh sure...I JUST updated my mirror too. I will update my mirror to the 'old install' tomorrow. For now, if people still want to try the new installer, it's up on my mirror.

I'm going to sleep soon.

At present this project seems to create more negative feedback then it does positive. For 8 ? months I?ve been too blind to see it. When a project fails to complete its aim, it should be terminated. This project has been failing to do so ever since it?s short life was born here on Neowin. Its aim was to bring a fully functional user friendly client to the MSN server, one that had the looks, functionality and efficiency. Though as each day progresses, it seems more and more pitiful to program on such a futile project. At current It will never be more then just a shadow of what Microsoft already has already created. The struggle has been, fun, but ironically pointless it would seem. The old VB core will be destroyed, along with the theme. This will mean, back to stage one. This is because I think people are failing to see what the existence of the alpha was for. To ?demonstrate?. After programming this project so long in VB. It seems VB is having trouble cooping with everything, eating away at everyone?s resources and giving everyone runtime hell? I?ve decided to recode L-Messenger in C++.

Edited by LeeC1987

• 2 weeks later...

Leeeee ! :woot: your the same person who made that IRC client, LSNChat ? what happened to that, i loved it and why are you aborting this LSN Messenger thing ? I cant find LSNChat anywhere anymore. :cry:

Leeeee !  :woot: your the same person who made that IRC client, LSNChat ? what happened to that, i loved it and why are you aborting this LSN Messenger thing ? I cant find LSNChat anywhere anymore. :cry:

585644191[/snapback]

Hmm, that?s a very old project. How did you know of it? I made that when I was 16.. It was highly unstable, consumed huge amounts of memory and was very inefficient. In fact I think that must be so old, that I am certain nobody has it anymore. Let alone know about it. Tell a lie, possibly one of my college mates may still have a binary of it. That?s only because he can?t be bothered to format his hard disk though.

• 1 month later...

Sorry i havnt kept you posted, but ive been rewriting the core for LSN. Its still in VB6, but with only a single runtime which Windows 2000 and Windows XP users already have on their system. Windows95 and 98 users of course are able fetch the runtime from Microsoft.

The MessengerDLL project ive been working on will provide a foundation to the new build. LSN2

I havnt given up yet ;) .

I was wondering what happened to you ;)

All your mirrors are still up for your old sources. I was sure you hadn't left forever.

• 4 weeks later...
my question is: how were you able to use SSL in VB? :blink:

586069999[/snapback]

Simple really, just using the Windows API it has methods for Cryptography. I did make a library for it, as lots of people asked me similar questions lol. I?ve included it in this attachment. (Dont forget to register the DLL though).

You can use it like a socket as well, it supports the Connect and SendData method as well as the Data arrival event and SendClientFinish event. Or as a HTTP client, that is what the example does below. Though it has an advantage over the Windows based HTTP library, as iWILL NOTb> freeze your VB apps like the HTTP library does in Windows.

SSL_Example.zip

Edited by LeeC1987