what is the best firewall

ZoneAlarm is definitely not the best firewall... heh far from it. However, most people are far too biased to give you an appropriate answer -most people will have only tried 1-3 firewalls.

I've only tried out Kerio 2.15, Kerio 4, Output, and the Windows Firewall in Windows. And from all of those, I found Kerio 2.15 to be the best, as it probably has the smallest memory footprint out of all the firewalls out there, and I've never run into a problem...it also has passed all security tests at pcflank.com, blackcode, auditmypc, and grc.

Try and stay away from firewalls that offer ad-blockers, cookie checkers, etc. if you don't need them.

go for PC CILIN 2005 from trend Micro, is all in one, the best security u can find right now, they always update their antivirus software, everyday, and also I hear that trend Micro is the best security company for PC

I also like sygate although it doesn't have the smallest memory footprint.

I've use ZA, both Kerios, Norton, Mcaffee, I think Outpost, and it seems like one other.

I like the features and interfase of sygate the best. I had problems with Mcaffee not disabling when I told it to. Norton was sluggish and sloppy feeling. If I remember, both Kerios were just annoying for me.

the best firewal is a hardware firewall.

but what i reccomend is you download software ones and then take the ShieldsUp test.

my u.s.robotics router aced every test, complete stealth mode

second that.  I have been using it for quite a long time. Never had a problem.

585538551[/snapback]

I too use Zone Alarm Pro versin 4.5 and ive never had a problem with it. . however, what are the new editions like? The newer versions? Arent they more protective? Or should i just stick with 4.5?