Windows XP Worth it? Or Windows 2000

I was thinking of Buying WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION.

because i finnely fixed my problems with games in it, i was using leaked 29.40 dets with my video card and all games ran crappy. i put on 28.32 whql and they ran great

i did a test VS windows 2000

and guess what won! Windows XP in games and Appz

a few appz just refulsed to run or the game would go back to the desktop and crash

I think XP is worth Every cent :)

give your options

The majority of people here are going to agree and say that XP is better. There might be the few (loud) minority (you know who you are :bandit: ) but overall XP is probably the best OS microsoft have made.

Just try and ignore all the security "features" that seem to get exposed daily ;)

XP is the best OS from microsoft til now, on aspects like game support, looks (skinningsystem is much better then i.e in linux), stability (maybe not better then win2k but 99.99% as good) and the start menu is very good too.

But if you take all the years of win9x and DLL hell in consideration, I say microsoft does not deserve money for it. Do I suggest pirating it? Maybe, as M$ owe us after what they did to the competition in their early days and left us with a dos->win3.11 and then win9x that's just a complete mess. Unstable, chaotic in terms of files layout and update system, there are system files everywhere, even in program files directory and lots of the applications reside in c:windows and system.

This goes on in windows XP, it's pretty much the same. And please read this: http://217.8.136.112/awful_os.html

You will see winXP is pretty awful and not worth the money. Buying it and activating it you bend over and supports WPA, and the whole messed up system+bloated features and applications.

Microsoft never made you run there os

It's your own decision

i know WPA sucks but what happens if everyone pirated there os's then microsoft would go under and then the encomedy would crash

With service packs and compatibility updates, Windows 2000 has all the pluses of Windows XP (minus the skinability) and none of its drawbacks. Keep Windows 2000.

I would never use XP again, it runs 50% slower than Windows 2000, and I dont use the themes so there is no point for xp for me.

I use Windows Xp and its been great ever since i used it. Worth every cent :evil: . Though if you have serious problems with it you can always get the Service Pack for Windows XP which is out very soon! :)

I like both OS... however, I like xp more then 2k.. I have both xp pro and 2k on my computer just because I'm in the MCSE class for 2k... after then I'm taking it off and keeping XP pro..

Go buy it...

Originally posted by zivan56

I would never use XP again, it runs 50% slower than Windows 2000, and I dont use the themes so there is no point for xp for me.

slower???????????? :s

for me XP is 1000000000000000 times faster than Win2000 :D

w00t 900 posts :) :D

Originally posted by wI-OSMAN-

Microsoft never made you run there os

It's your own decision

i know WPA sucks but what happens if everyone pirated there os's then microsoft would go under and then the encomedy would crash

i hope you ment economy.. and not encomedy.. :p

i would say.. go with XP... :)

Originally posted by wI-OSMAN-

I was thinking of Buying WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION.

because i finnely fixed my problems with games in it, i was using leaked 29.40 dets with my video card and all games ran crappy. i put on 28.32 whql and they ran great

i did a test VS windows 2000

and guess what won! Windows XP in games and Appz

a few appz just refulsed to run or the game would go back to the desktop and crash

I think XP is worth Every cent :)

give your options

Buy XP Pro, then you won't be missing any part of what you'd have with windows 2000 pro.

Originally posted by Deckhand

Windows ME ALL THE WAY!!

*Deckhand runs away and hides!

Please share the crack that you're smoking ...:::LOL:::...

Win XP ALL the way

thank god I made a win3.1 theme for XP, otherwise I would have never upgraded.. :ditsy: :ditsy: :ditsy:

:D :D :D

I've been running XP since Pre-RC2 builds. It's the best MS OS so far, but, IMHO, it still has a ways to go...