Ex-Marine says U.S. fabricated Saddam capture

I call shenanigans.... Details of said capture are likely classified (aside of what was released to the media) and unless the guy involved is an idiot, going public with said knowledge is akin to sealing your fate (ie. he would likely disappear mysteriously or else end up at Ft. Leavenworth breaking rocks with the rest of the morons).

Whether this article is true or not (i dont doubt it though)

it's all a propaganda ploy... a PSY-OPs example.  Once again the big and brilliant American's come to the rescue.  So the big and evil Saddam is found hiding like a school girl in a hole underground instead of standing up for his country and fighting with his men.  It makes Americans subconsciously (or consciously) think "wow... what a coward... we're so much better than he and that country is"  This article brings more credit to him while hurting the american reputation once again.  Plus theres the question... why is it taking so long to bring him to trial?  The infamous scott peterson "who-the-hell-cares-in-the-first-place-eff-j00-mass-media" case didnt take this long (i dont think).  And then there's the speculation that Saddam has cancer and will die before coming to trial... although Ive never read anything to support this other than a speculative article.

Bottom line -- dont be taken in by propaganda.

585593651[/snapback]

Very humorous, considering that you were taken in when you believed this story.

Problems:

1) (Biggest) Marines do not work in 20 man teams. Always multiples of 8.

2) Finding him in a hole is less thrilling than "our marines captured him after an intense shootout".

3) The hole wasn't a well, there is video of the inside and it definetly had room in it, it wasn't huge or anything, but wells go deep, not down 6 feet and across.

4) He was captured the 15th.

5) Why would the army have announced his capture if marines had done it?

6) The capture was done by the Raider Brigade of the army, not marines.

Sorry to say this:

*ducks from fireballs*

Kinda makes you think about 911

585593663[/snapback]

Yup, and aliens, and JFK, and the moon landing, and EVERY OTHER MAJOR EVENT of the last 50+ years. Everything has a conspiracy theory. Some of them could be true, however, the fact that morons believe stupidity like this one will discredit the others.

2) Finding him in a hole is less thrilling than "our marines captured him after an intense shootout".

585593685[/snapback]

The idea was, if the story's true, to show the ramaining iraqi soldiers their leader all scared and ######, hiding in his hole, frightened for his life, while they, the stupids, still fight for a coward's cause.

It isn't too hard to see the logic here.

Problems:

3) The hole wasn't a well, there is video of the inside and it definetly had room in it, it wasn't huge or anything, but wells go deep, not down 6 feet and across.

585593685[/snapback]

Don't sweat it. Most of the people on here seem quick to take anything that is said negatively about the US as scientific fact. Not everyone, of course, but it sure seems that way sometimes.

If it were true, it'd definitely be interesting. Hey, btw, I was once a member of NASA and we never went to the moon. I helped fake the video in the desert with my friend and his brother-in-law over a weekend. :rolleyes:

The idea was, if the story's true, to show the ramaining iraqi soldiers their leader all scared and ######, hiding in his hole, frightened for his life, while they, the stupids, still fight for a coward's cause.

It isn't too hard to see it's quite possible.

585593711[/snapback]

any thing is possible, hell lets just say we caught him masturbating while sucking his thumb and looking at little boys. I think episode points are made quite well. Consider the fact that the story comes from Lebanon. Not exactly the BBC or the AP

... lets just say we caught him masturbating while sucking his thumb and looking at little boys...

585593726[/snapback]

Mm.. You are mistaken by another "famous" personality: M. Jackson :laugh:

what havent the US fabricated? everythin they do is a lie. lol. even the country is not theirs. look out im gonna land on one of ur beaches wit a huge army an put my flag in it an claim it as my country u barbarians.

Problems:

585593685[/snapback]

I never said i was taken in by the story, believed it or didnt. I said "i wouldnt doubt it though" meaning it wouldnt surprise me if it WAS true... wouldnt surprise me if it WASNT true either.

I wasnt really trying to explain the facts of the article but more the mentality behind news reporters and the government. basically i think everything you just mentioned in 1-6 was kind of useless to counteract my point... whether youre right or not (i wouldnt doubt it though) :rolleyes:

Most of the people on here seem quick to take anything that is said negatively about the US as scientific fact.? Not everyone, of course, but it sure seems that way sometimes.

585593716[/snapback]

I wouldn't say most of the people here, but most of the people everywhere in the world. As long as there is a big, rich, powerful, sweaty guy living somewhere in the world, someone's going to be saying how bad he is and blame everything on him. Even if a toilet backflows in a local shopping mall, it would still be his fault.