Req: A flame forum

2,118 members have voted

1. 1. Req: A flame forum

• Yes
    • No

In this forum, we do not flame people, but rather money-greedy companies and how they are taking our freedoms away. Can I get some yes's/no's?

When you cast your vote, take note that we flame companies (e.g. AOL, Microsoft, Sony Records, etc.) instead of people.

Good idea .... BUT it will never work.

What will start off as a company "flame forum" will end up being a "free-for-all" and a NIGHTMARE for the mods.

I had to vote NO ... sorry.

You simply can't have a flame forum without it degenerating into an argument which breaks the community rules.

So, no.

This has been suggested before.

Rather than trolling and flaming, we want our members to conduct themselves respectively towards each other. So, a forum that embraces such ideals won't ever be made....

Originally posted by sunnyy4

In this forum, we do not flame people, but rather money-greedy companies and how they are taking our freedoms away.

I suppose you could post your rant in the Real World Issues forum and see what other people have to say about it?

It is a horrible idea. This would encourage flaming in other areas of the site, which is trying to be prevented in the first place.

if yer gonna flame someone flame British Telecom i hate the gits they rip yeh of at every turn

to greedy for their services and get a crappy service at top range prices

Not good at all. This go's against neowin policey and would spill over in to other threads.

for example.

/

/

/Hey I rember you from the flame thread.

Yeah well your opinion sucked.

Get my point?

'Flame forum' is probably the wrong name. There could well be a 'consumer issues' forum, which could prove useful, assuming there were no legal issues. Its dam nice to know your not the only person experiencing a problem with a service provider / manufacturer etc.

Personally I would probably read it, and I imagine it'd be helpful to newbies (when your new to a scene, you've no idea which names are reputable, which are cr*p, and which are the best).

But then again, I wouldnt be overly upset if neowin didnt host one. I'd just read elsewhere..!

a flame forum? i've seen it at a few other boards... dont' exactly know if they work or not...

But techincally... the whole point of the flame forum would be an unmoderated forum. that way in that forum, and _only_ that forum, people could bash the hell out of each other, and there would be no rules :/

i'm not for it, but im not against it. just lettin ya know how it should work.. :)

Nemo I'd disagree about moderation.

He originally requested a 'corporation flame forum'.

Which translates to consumer issues in PC language.

Without moderation, any forum on neowin would turn to sh*t, given the number of bored school children who read it all day (and stuff like cultural differences, as much as that shouldnt be an issue), so I agree, moderation is essential.