Videogame prices set to rise on next-gen consoles

They should try to minimize the prices if they want to fight piracy..

VidER

585641898[/snapback]

Technically, that does make sense, but in their views, if they increase prices, the legit people will end up covering up for the pirates, which isn't fair at all.

i can't believe how retarded many of you are. You will do anything to justify your own illegal behavior. You people are absolutely shameless.

585645509[/snapback]

You know what's shameless? Making millions of dollars and not paying for working hours of your software developers.... cough EA.

Technically, that does make sense, but in their views, if they increase prices, the legit people will end up covering up for the pirates, which isn't fair at all.

585644848[/snapback]

It makes sense.. and makes me think again before buying games! By doing that I am encouraging them to increase prices even higher!

VidER

if you think it's good enough for you to want to pirate it must also be good enough to buy. And if it's not. Rent it. As i said, absolutely shameless. I forgot to mention CHEAP in the last post.

If anyone is stupid enough to pay $60 or $70 for Madden, i wonder how they managed to get a job to pay for it. :p

585645539[/snapback]

If that post was in reply to me, um, i never justified piracy anywhere. It was a joke, about the quality of Madden and the intelligence of the people who play it.

So get off your horse, general.

Games are anywhere from $89 - $100 here, when they first come out. And the prices don't really drop after that, my xbox mod chip was well worth it. (Y)

The explosion in the games market has more than made up for the cost of increased development.

Prices could be raised to 'balance piracy', but they are artificially high enough.

• 5 weeks later...

Nintendo has EVERY RIGHT to make their systems how they want and they have EVERY RIGHT to make them as unfriendly to pirates as possible. I know that actually having to pay money for games gives you nightmares but you know what? Having the real disc and the real case and documentations IS worth it.

hopefully..... Nintendo's next system won't be ghey like the Gamecube is when it comes to how their discs are done.  stupid backwards reading crap.  Better not have to pay $60+ for games.  glad the new Zelda's comin out in time to still probably be on GC.  probably play that thing for AGES!!!  Zelda games always seem to have an awesome replay value.  Or... maybe not REPLAY value, but maybe a "keep on playin'" value.

585632403[/snapback]

Gotta love those greedy game companies, they are just ASKING for more people to pirate their games. I remember a few years ago when N64 games were $60 a pop. If i'm paying that much for a game, it better be damn good.

585629974[/snapback]

No kidding.